“La Boca just isn't very good...”
Review of La Boca - CLOSED

La Boca
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014

La Boca is well located in the German Colony area and features a really nice second floor with views onto the street. We were really looking forward to a good steak in Jerusalem, but left disappointed. We were happy to overlook completely inattentive service, but the food could not be excused. The empanada starters were more of a fusion attempt than tradition, but either way were way too rich. The mixed grill featuring most of the meat selections was rather poor... the meats mostly bland and sides a bit greasy. I don't really understand some of the great reviews. We travel the world, having eaten steak in South America, across the US, in Japan, and so on. Not impressed at all.

1  Thank Daniel0000

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable service. Wine recommendation was excellent. Food was very good and large portions. Dessert was superb.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Unbelievable food. You have to try this place. The may is amongst the best I have ever tasted and the atmosphere is fantastic as well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I ordered the steak, 250 grams, medium well. The meat, I understand, is from Argentina. I could not believe how tasty it was. The crunchy potatoes were delicious too. Everything was served hot. For not much extra, I could have ordered the 400 gram steak but that would have been altogether too large. I enjoyed the accouterments, the hot bread with various (three) spreads. I did not know what to expect and I was hungry so I ordered soup to begin with. It came in a large vessel shaped like a boat. Apparently, the soups change each evening. Mine was sweet potatoe soup. It wasn't bad but I found it too thin as opposed to hearty. I skipped dessert as the meal was very filling.

As to service, I got there in early evening, looking forward to my restaurant experience after what I had read about La Boca. The service was quite adequate, informal and friendly. The only downfall was that I had to I repeatedly ask for a duplicate spread (tahina) before it was actually served.

Altogether, this was a wonderful meal and restaurant experience and I would gladly visit La Boca again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Last saturday we have celebrated my father's 70 birthday, 11 adults and one 5 years old. The restaurant is located at one of the most beautiful neighborhoods of Jerusalem in an old renovated house on the second floor, take that in consideration if you come with seniors or handicaps.
The food included fish, tortillas, steaks, salads, chicken and anything you can come up with, and so was the taste, average not more than this , that's what happens when you try to satisfy everyone's taste.
The waiter was a guy called Rafael, and I cannot describe how amazing his service was like, like the guardian angel Rafael, he was always at the table and every wish we had he fulfilled it. My father asked for vodka mixed with Redbull but they had no Redbull so Rafael went outside and bought the silly drink for my dad. They did not charge us for the beers and the vodka and overall they were very generous. We payed about 150 shekels per person ( about 45$ ).