We had a week stay in the "Blue" apartment which is unit #6. Note that the address is 3/6 Hananya St which means unit 6 at street number 3 (the opposite of Australian addresses!) which caused a little confusion as we arrived.
- very clean
- great location near restaurants and supermarket
- large and airy
- well equipped kitchen plus washing machine
- Kosher kitchen; we naively thought this just meant no pork and different utensils for meat and dairy. It actually means no meat at all... We did fine with eggs and fish, but if you want to self-cater meat then this won't work for you
- Broken blind and phone line didn't work
- Small TV (but many channels)
Overall, we would give 4.5 stars and would definitely stay again.
One funny thing was electricity - you pay separately; we were worried about this, but in the end the bill was NIS22; we used the washer twice and cooked many times. Perhaps the owners could just add a couple of dollars to the room rate rather than charging a separate cost?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colony Suites are stylish, self-contained holiday apartments for short term accommodation in the heart of the German colony Jerusalem. Suitable for singles and families ranging from a brief visit to a longer stay. Comfortable and elegant, the apartments are designed for maximum comfort. Nestled between the old and new parts of the capital, the German Colony is the most charming area in Jerusalem. Built by the German Templars in the 1870's, the area is known for its unique architecture and cafe culture. The colony is close to the major tourist sites (walking distance to the old city) and the host of several local attractions. There is no better location than Colony Suites, around the corner from the post-office, bank, supermarket, chemist, cafes and public pool and gym. ... more less