“Very good, but there were some disappointing moments”

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Very good, but there were some disappointing moments”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hostel is well maintained and very clean. I chose this hostel because of its social environment; they offer a variety of social events such as chill out night, movie night, happy hour, etc. Plus they were able to help book tours in and around Jerusalem. So this is a great place to stay if it will be your first time in Jerusalem.
The staff were all generally very nice and ready to help out. However, they need to pay more attention to paying attention. When my friend and I booked in, we were given a card with our room number without a key, but it turned out that they gave us the wrong room, since we had booked the mixed dorms. We then finally got to our dorm room in the basement of the hostel. When we checked out, I was told to gather our sheets. No problem, so I did it, but when I came to the reception with two sets of bed sheets, I was told that I had to leave the blanket downstairs. The receptionist saw the look on my face and returned them for me.
I booked this hostel for two reasons; the day tour they offered of the old city of Jerusalem, which was fantastic and second, PUB CRAWL NIGHT, which was a major let down! We were supposed to leave at 9:30, but got pushed back to 10:30, then 11:30 and then finally we were given our money back and told that there wasn't enough people for the pub crawl. I think five people was enough! After getting all dolled up, nothing! They didn't even offer an alternative. It makes me wonder if this is a common occurrence.
Overall, it's a great place to stay if it's your first time in Jerusalem.

Room Tip: The dorm in the very back of the basement is right next to the garbage bin outside. So if you're...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
byron33, General Manager at Abraham Hostel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear traveler.
I am glad you have enjoyed our social atmosphere and various tours & activities. We make great efforts in running them all on regular basis.
It is very rare that our famous pub crawl does not run, but unfortunately it happened during your stay. That evening the pub crawl leader could gather only 3 people to join so he cancelled as it's no fun having a wild night out in various places only with 3 people. Therefore we gave a full refund + free drink in our bar for people who registered. The alternative which we offered was going out together (not as a tour) to 2 selected bars.
I apologize once again for the inconvenience and hope that you will visit us again and give another chance to join the pub crawl. Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect, I planned to stay 2 days but I stayed 5. From and thank to the hostel you can visit Jerusalem and many near and far point of interest. They have a very nice travel agency inside too...

• Stayed August 2014
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've traveled a lot over the past 5 years and I can honestly say hands down, that Abraham is the BEST hostel I've ever stayed at. There was not a thing that disappointed me during my stay there. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms had individual air conditioning and GREAT showers. The breakfast was better than any hotel I've ever visited. There were plenty of places to hang out (including a rooftop with a beautiful view of the city). The hostel social events were well planned. They even had a travel agent on staff to help set up tours in and around the city. I'm so happy I decided to stay there. I made incredible friends, and had a blast!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

One of the best hostels we have been to. An excellent tour desk, great bar/chill area, and super atmosphere. Location is nice, everything is within walking distance. These are the reasons for staying here! Our room was clean but very basic. Breakfast was okay.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This hostel caters for everyone and are always looking to be innovative.They have the tours the Shabbat dinners the Pub crawls Parties and Open mike evenings.Staff are professional on the ball and work hard.The rooms are clean always fresh linen and towels.The common area and bar brings people from around the Globe into a fantastic social setting.Relax in the T.V reading room or on the hammocks and play pool and games.Roof garden for beers and parties.Central to markets and shops.I love the chef Atef and miss Mila the Brazilian bar lady.Great hostel well done Manager Yaron and team miss you all from China.Sorry forgot to mention great breakfast and coffee.

• Stayed June 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hostel was excellent. Good location. The common room was a great place to hang out. Lovely hammocks, free wifi, lockers, pool, a place to make tea and coffee, a bar, books, musical instruments: these guys have thought of everything. There was a quieter room next to it to read, chill or watch tv. Excellent breakfast. Abraham Tours very good too. West Bank tour recommended. Only downer was being lambasted by another guest because I didn't share her views on Israel, so my advice is maybe avoid politics while staying there. Abraham Hostel is one of the best hostels.

Room Tip: I stayed in a female shared dorm for 6 and it was good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very nice place for travelers. Convenient location of the hostel, a nice friendly atmosphere. If you are traveling alone - the best places to be found. The hostel offers its excursions. There is free Wi fi that works well throughout the property. Tasty breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo