“Home away from Home”
Review of House 57

House 57
Ranked #13 of 61 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed at House57 for two weeks in May. What an exceptional place to spend time in Jerusalem. Nir made sure I felt at home from the first e-mail. He replied quickly, followed up to make sure I arrived safely, even though it was the middle of the night, and he even accommodated my request for an extra day when I had to leave very early in the morning. Nir and Daliya and the Tamir parents are so warm and kind. The breakfast is a great opportunity to meet interesting fellow travelers. If you are looking for a cozy place to stay in Jerusalem, this is your place!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Nir and Daliya are so warm and kind-we enjoyed the personal attendance and grate service!
we loved the place, the food -and the people, not necessary in this order..:-)
they wher so helpfl with my elderly parents- and my brother who came for a short visit to Israel..
I do recomment HOUSE 57" to all tourists: israeli and non israeli: clean-cosy and prety place to stay in Jerusalem- and no less important : NOT EXPENSIVE !!!!!

Room Tip: uppr rooms are grate!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I spend four nights at House 57 this April. The house is gorgeous and in a very pretty area, Nir (the owner) was extremely friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts were the best.

Prior to coming, I exchanged multiple emails with Nir who responded very quickly. Upon arrival, Nir greeted me by name, helped me to my room, and told me of the surrounding area and shops. The B&B is ideally located very close to a light metro station, two stops from the Old City. There is also an employee who owns a cab and is available to drive anywhere you need.

I really enjoyed breakfasting with the other guests. The food was amazing and there was a lot variety, so no matter your taste you will find something you like.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We spent 8 wonderful days and nights in the incredible land of Israel, most of them in Jerusalem in a group of 12 people. Our accomodation was only in Jerusalem at House 57 and I don't regret it at all, on the contrary I recommend it to everyone. The location of the B&B is on a gorgeous hill, wonderful panorama, quiet neighbourhood, nice houses. We enjoyed every moment we spent here. We really felt like home. Breakfast was very delicious and rich, especially nice to be served in the patio. Rooms are not too big and quite basic, but tidy and adequate for the purpose. I want to highlight also the hospitality of Nir and Acram, they really did everything so we could enjoy our stay. They were very flexible and adapted to our needs regarding number of beds, time of breakfast etc. The old city is very easy to reach either by foot, light rail or car. Overall it's a great place to stay, I'm planning to return here on my next visit also, I recomend it to everybody.

Room Tip: I recomend the penthouse, it's the best.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I spend 3 nights at house 57 with my family. What a great place!!!!!!! the host Nir and his worker Acram went out of thier way to assisste us with any question we had. They even accomodate our special needs in breakfast. Our daughter is not allowed to eat gloten and they were extremlly nice and provided us with gluten free food. The rooms were clean and nice, beds comfertable and most important very quite. The best thing in house 57 is the garden terrace were breakfast is served. WHat a beautiful place and breakfast was great. A "true Israeli Breakfast". There is plenty of free parking and the light rail is only 5 minutes walk from house57. While in town, we mostly used the light rail.
We highly recommend the place and we would love to come again

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2012

With the new light rail, it is quite easy to get to the old city and city centre. The best part is the host, Nir and I certainly felt like visiting a friend's place. Was able to sit in patio and enjoyed the conversation. The room may be basic but clean and nice. Above all, the best part is the feeling of being a part of this amazing city, not like waking up in a hotel room without realising where you are. Wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 22 April 2012

With the completion of the light rail in late 2011, House 57 is now a mere10 minutes away from Jaffa Gate--the main tourist entrance into the Old City. We were supposed to stay in Jerusalem for only 3 days (during the Xmas holidays), but Nir found a way to extend our visit to 7 days by placing us in different rooms throughout House 57. Room 7 is by bar the most outstanding with an upper gallery for kids or a second couple. The other rooms are all unique--some with special perks like mini-kitchens--and offer solid comfortable beds and hot showers. House 57 is located in a quite neighborhood that offers a window into the everyday life of residential neighborhoods outside the tourist areas of Jerusalem. Most convenient is the tramway which is less than a five-minute walk and a small commercial strip where you will find a wide variety of services. If this is your first time to Israel, I would highly recommend staying at House 57 and meeting Nir, who can suggest an itinerary you will never forget.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family