House 57
Ranked #14 of 60 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in the House 57 and Nir really made us feel at home. Ask for one of the rooms on the top floor, with a great view over all of Jerusalem.
The rooms was clean, good bed.
The breakfast was OK , fresh fruit salad (or vegetable if you want), bread, houmous, cheeses, etc.... Nir is really at your service and helps where he can.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 April 2013

House57, located a short walk from the light rail stop at Ammunition Hill, was the perfect place for our visit to Jerusalem. The room was very comfortable and included all amenities; we both agreed we had the best nights' sleep here! The house is in a quiet neighborhood with a supermarket, ATMs, gas station, shops, and simple restaurants/cafes. Our host was personal, friendly, and helpful and offered some excellent touring advice for the city. Whenever we find ourselves back in Jerusalem, this will be our home away from home.

Room Tip: Nir gave us the family room on the top floor. Excellent views and super comfortable. Request it when...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed at the House 57 for one night in Jerusalem with my husband and our friend. It is very green, located in beautiful surrounding, quite place. We booked family apartment with an amazing view on Jerusalem. Room was quite simple but clean and had everything what we needed in our stay there. The only minus was the attic in our apartment. It was dark and the ceiling was very low so it is not very comfortable for tall people. But children probably will like it.
Host was amazing. We arrived to Jerusalem by public transport and he met us with a car and brought us to the apartment. He was friendly, polite and hospitable.
The Old City is not very close to that place but there is a light rail in 5 min walking from the place that will bring you to the gate of the Old City.
We recommend House 57 to stay in Jerusalem

Room Tip: There is an amazing view on Jerusalem from family apartment
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Just spent 3 nights at House 57 in Jerusalem. It reminded me of staying at Grandma's house, which for me is comfortable. I had the room with kitchenette on the lower floor. It's Ok but I really would have liked a window with a view which this room lacks - a bit cave-like. However it was quiet and I slept well which is a big plus when traveling. Nearby is the new light rail, so the old city is minutes away as are many restaurants and bars. A supermarket, ATMs, and a few tasty fast food places are walking distance from the guest house. Nir, the owner, is a nice guy and helpful if you have any questions. He told us about a beach north of Tel Aviv most people don't know about. Since we rented a car, we stopped by this awesome beach on our way to Caesarea and caught some rays for an hour. All in all, nice place to stay in Jerusalem.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 11 March 2013

The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was ok, and I had a comfortable stay at House57. However, a little bit far away from the Old City, so when there was no transportation service in Jerusalem you had to take a taxi (8 EUR/14 USD).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank André O
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I spent eight long days in Jerusalem gathering up the household belongings of my daughter and her family, who made a sudden move to Canada for work. Remember the last time you moved? Now imagine that task made on behalf of others: . . . What to ship? What to leave? Where to drop the left items? How to ship the kept items? Gathering packing materials . . .
Nir, Dahliya, and Akrom helped out in SO MANY WAYS: offering suggestions . . . providing used luggage . . . driving me and my packages here and there . . . loaning me a telephone . . . One's own family could not have been more helpful.
This on top of providing a quiet, clean, comfortable room and freshly-made breakfast salads in a location convenient to my errands in north Jerusalem and to my bits of tourist fun in Geula, Ir Attika (the Old City), and Machane Yehuda.
Even when the mission is more work than fun, I love being in Jerusalem and I love staying at House 57.
Unconditionally recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank M0rM0r2
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We spent three days in the wonderful room 7. Very friendly owner. Quiet district with good connections to the city, only 5-10 minutes by tram. We enjoyed our stay very much and recommend the place for people who like quiet and family places.

Room Tip: definately no 7!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple