“Incredible”

Ranked #9 of 60 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Incredible”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We had an incredible timeat House 57. It was lie a home for us and our grandchildren who live in jerusalem. It gaveus a chance to be together. The room was great, view fabulous, breakfast on the terrace a treat. Cant thinkof a better paceto stay

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 23 July 2013

A perfect value for your money

I stayed in Jerusalem for one night while attending a conference. I chose House 57 because of the convenience of having a free parking and having the light-rail just minutes away. It was very easy to get to the house from the main route to Tel-Aviv, just 40 minutes from Tel-Aviv and 30 minutes from Ben- gurion Airport. The house is lovely with a beautiful patio to sit and rest. The room was just what I needed after a long day, it was clean and comfortable. At breakfast I sat to the table with additional guest from around the world and NIr the host sat with us and we had a very interesting discussion about politics and about Israel in general. This was defiantly a different experience from any hotel I ever stayed before. I left the place with a smile and I’m sure to come back to stay at House 57 on my next visit to Jerusalem.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I am a little unsure whether it’s a good idea to recommend House 57 on the website: I am concerned that after my recommendation all the rooms in House 57 will be fully occupied, and I won't be able to find a room for myself if I decide to come to Jerusalem again.
But I have to be honest: Choosing House 57 was one of the best decisions I made during this year. I had 21 guests from abroad, couples and singles, and each of them found his place in the House.
Everything was beautiful: clean big rooms, amazing view from the balcony, tremendous terrace, immediate customer service (if needed), and above all expectations - Nir, the owner of the House.
Polite and responsible guy, who put himself a goal: to give his guests a feeling of holiday. Nir, you made our week in Jerusalem so memorable!
Nir and his staff are responsible for all issues: starting from friendly reception, and finishing with fresh drinking water.
The supermarket, which is open 7 days a week, is 5 minutes from the House.
As for me, there is no reason to stay in hotel (which is more expensive), if I can rent House 57 (if it is still available after this review).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mgmoonlight
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We traveled light - no kids, just a couple. Good location, both for within city and getting out of the city. It is a huge house turned into B&B in a upscale safe neighborhood. The room was clean, air conditioned with a private bathroom, free TV and free wi-fi. Staff was very flexible and accommodating. Reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms vary in size and view. Ask the owners to fit the room to your needs - they are very helpful.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tal G
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Great place to stay!!
House 57 is located in a quiet and safe neighborhood. Nir the host welcomed me and gave me plenty of useful tips. The room was clean and pleasant with a flat screen TV and free internet. Breakfast was served on the garden patio. The food was fresh and plentiful. The fresh espresso was just what I needed to start the day. House 57 is location is just perfect. It has a shopping center with everything you will need just 5 minutes walk and the light rail is around the corner will take you anywhere you want to go in the city. The old city is 3 stops away from house 57 and the city center is 4 stops. I highly recommend staying at house 57 on your next visit to Jerusalem

Room Tip: Room # 7 with Great view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank erez k
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We have been this year with a group of 6 peoaple and last year with a group of 12 peoaple. Our relationship with Nir developed nicely in the way that our stay in the house was more than pleasant. Next time we will come back to the same house without hasitation. We would definitly recomanded to our friends. BR. Romulus and group. Brasov-Romania.

• Stayed June 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Having read enthusiastic reviews on TripAdvisor, I booked a room at House 57 for three nights in the middle of our nine-day trip to Israel in May of 2013. We're not usually the bed and breakfast types, as we typically go for the more dependable, institutional forms of accommodation when we travel. But since we were looking for more authentic experiences in Israel than when we travel in the U.S., we thought we'd roll the dice on House 57. It turned out to be a great decision.

Even before we arrived, it was great to correspond with the owner, Nir, via email to confirm our arrival details. We actually arrived on the eve of Shabbat (the Israeli Sabbath), but Nir was gracious enough to meet us on that Friday afternoon to get us situated in our room. Due to a lack of complete information on Expedia, we actually booked a family suite, which meant that there was a loft in our room with additional beds that we didn't need. And Nir indicated that this meant that we were actually paying significantly more for this room than a standard room for two people. But we still only paid $185 per night, which was a virtual steal in comparison to most of the rest of the non-hostel options that we could find online. And it certainly turned out to be money well-spent.

At least in our family suite, we had extremely spacious accommodations. Though nothing particularly spectacular, the furniture was comfortable. The bathroom was functional. The fridge was helpful. Breakfast each morning, though nothing fancy (I ate mostly bread products fruit, and chocolate pudding), was quite sufficient, and if we were hungry later that day, it was our own fault. Free street-side parking was plentiful. Access to major roads to get around Jerusalem was simple, but we were also a five-minute walk to the light-rail, which provided easy access to get to the Old City when we didn't want to deal with traffic and parking. A grocery store was just a five-minute walk down the hill and helped to keep us well-stocked for the days that we stayed at House 57. The view from our room was gorgeous. And Nir was a delightful and charming host. He even allowed us to borrow his land-line phone for several days, because we didn't have a cell phone but wanted to be able to keep in touch with some local friends.

To be sure, House 57 wasn't luxurious accommodations like other places where we stayed in Jerusalem (i.e. American Colony, and even Harmony Hotel). But it provided everything that we needed during our three nights in that part of town. We didn't lounge around the courtyard area and socialize like some of the other guests, as we spent the bulk of our waking hours in Jerusalem seeing and experiencing the sites. And we didn't fully utilize Nir's willingness to help us with logistical plans and local insights, as others did. But it was a comfortable, affordable, and lovely place to stay. I'd be happy to stay at House 57 if we ever get back to Jerusalem, and I'm happy to recommend it to anyone who doesn't require world-class luxury.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple