“Beautiful Brunch”

Agas Ve Tapuah
Ranked #22 of 701 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great Italian dairy menu. Kosher. Also provide gluten-free pasta!
Hollis, New York
“Beautiful Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just returned from a trip to Israel. Spent the weeks prior trying to locate a restaurant to hold a brunch following a simcha at the Kotel. Pera e Mela fit the bill perfectly. Timing communication was a bit tricky since I was in NY, and an email to them did not bring a response at first. But family in Israel was able to contact them for me, and Miriam (one of the owners) was then quick and curteous in her response to my initial email. She put together a brunch menu for me that included a variety of options for my guests to choose from, from salads to pastas and dessert. When I wanted to change one of the options she was very helpful in recommending another dish. Location was perfect as it was just outside the old city when you come out of Jaffa Gate, right across the street. Everyone thought the food was delicious and the service was wonderful. I even had one guest that had dietary restrictions of which I was unaware of until after the brunch was over. She asked Gionatan (the other owner) if he could prepare something to fit her needs and he was happy to accomodate. I'm hoping that I will have the opportunity to visit again on a return trip.

Additional note: Restaurant had mehadrin certification which I also needed for a few of my guests.

• Visited November 2013

• Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good food doesn't compensate for poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

This was one of the poorest restaurant services that we have experienced. As we walked in on an early evening hour, a waitress reluctantly showed us in, looking very unhappy with us disturbing her afternoon rest. We placed our order, but some of the drinks were forgotten and never served. Throughout our meal, even though there were only us and another couple at the restaurant, the waitresses were just not there - there was no one to ask for the missing drink or to refill our water bottle. When they did walk in, they talked to everyone with such an attitude that made us feel very unwelcome, without even an attempt to look nice, and when we eventually asked for the bill, it was thrown on our table without a single word.
So yes, most dishes were very tasty (though quantities vary - some are large while other portions are rather small), but this doesn't compensate for a place that makes you feel very unwelcome. This used to be our favorite restaurant in Jerusalem but we will never return.

Visited September 2013
Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin
“Glutenfree pasta!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We had a difficult time finding this restaurant but when we found it, we went there twice during our visit to Jerusalem. They serve GF pasta but when we compared the serving of GF pasta with my regular pasta dish, the GF dish was less pasta. We think it should have been more equal. The desserts were outrageous! There is a coupon at their website for a free glass of wine if you order an appetizer or salad.

• Visited August 2013
United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Came here last week with my sister and had a beautiful meal. We personally know Mikella who looked after us well. Beautiful food and service was excellent. Very busy restaurant serving good quality food. Took the mushrooms and the salmon..delicious..and then tiramisu ..good portions.will definitely be back and would HIGHLY recommend

• Visited July 2013
Tiberias, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnifico !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

WOW!!! We have been living in Israel for 8 months and have always enjoyed the meals we have eaten out...but this restaurant takes the experience to a whole new level. When we first stepped in to the restaurants just to look at the menu we were greeted by the owner who spoke so passionately about the food he prepares. We returned that evening and he did not disappoint. You might as well have been in Rome or Milan.

• Visited April 2013