“Terrific Italian dinner with family”
Review of Agas Ve Tapuah

Agas Ve Tapuah
Ranked #22 of 733 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Great Italian dairy menu. Kosher. Also provide gluten-free pasta!
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Antonio is a great cook and also a wonderful person. this resturant make you feel home and it's like your "Italian uncle" cook for you dinner :)

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Words cannot describe this fantastic restaurant. As a coeliac, I find it impossible to eat anywhere!!!!! I had heard of this place a few times but could never find it (the only down side of the place is that it is so hard to find!)
BUT I found it... and I had the most AMAZING meal EVER!!!!!!!!!! Delicious fresh pizza and yummy gluten free pasta - it was simply divine. The best thing was that the prices weren't outrageous (something rare when buying gluten free!)
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

A great meal and they do gluten free! Just lovely. Highly recommend the place. Best gluten free place in Israel!

1  Thank Consultant577
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just returned from a trip to Israel. Spent the weeks prior trying to locate a restaurant to hold a brunch following a simcha at the Kotel. Pera e Mela fit the bill perfectly. Timing communication was a bit tricky since I was in NY, and an email to them did not bring a response at first. But family in Israel was able to contact them for me, and Miriam (one of the owners) was then quick and curteous in her response to my initial email. She put together a brunch menu for me that included a variety of options for my guests to choose from, from salads to pastas and dessert. When I wanted to change one of the options she was very helpful in recommending another dish. Location was perfect as it was just outside the old city when you come out of Jaffa Gate, right across the street. Everyone thought the food was delicious and the service was wonderful. I even had one guest that had dietary restrictions of which I was unaware of until after the brunch was over. She asked Gionatan (the other owner) if he could prepare something to fit her needs and he was happy to accomodate. I'm hoping that I will have the opportunity to visit again on a return trip.

Additional note: Restaurant had mehadrin certification which I also needed for a few of my guests.

2  Thank susank23
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was one of the poorest restaurant services that we have experienced. As we walked in on an early evening hour, a waitress reluctantly showed us in, looking very unhappy with us disturbing her afternoon rest. We placed our order, but some of the drinks were forgotten and never served. Throughout our meal, even though there were only us and another couple at the restaurant, the waitresses were just not there - there was no one to ask for the missing drink or to refill our water bottle. When they did walk in, they talked to everyone with such an attitude that made us feel very unwelcome, without even an attempt to look nice, and when we eventually asked for the bill, it was thrown on our table without a single word.
So yes, most dishes were very tasty (though quantities vary - some are large while other portions are rather small), but this doesn't compensate for a place that makes you feel very unwelcome. This used to be our favorite restaurant in Jerusalem but we will never return.