“Great food”
Review of Topoleone Trattoria - CLOSED

Topoleone Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Trattoria Meridionale
haifa
“Great food”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Must visit this restaurant, hand made materials and the niocci was outstanding! Te only disadvantage that the parking fee near the restaurant is pretty high...

Visited May 2013
1 Thank kobi1209

• Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good Italian resturant”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

An excellent restaurant on the main street of Mahane Yehuda market. Place is busy and must book in advance. Still can wait sometimes quite a bit. Food really tasty and surprising. Starting in first through the main course and desserts. All very tasty. attitude is also very good and efficient. Higher price some type of food like this.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lior P
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A Gem by the market”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

On a sunny winter noon I was going to lunch with my bff. Since both of us like good food we were looking for a chef restaurant, with high recommendation.
Topolino was the perfect choice. A small Italian restaurant next to Machne Yuda Market.
We started with a dish of Stuffed Sardines with chopped almonds and herbs. And Beet Gnocchi with gout cheese sauce. For main course I took a fish baked in the oven with olive oil and herbs. My friend took the Ravioli in Artichoke sauce. For dessert we shared a Tiramisu cake. All the food was tasty, fresh, with unique flavors. The chef knows how to cook. They don't have a lunch menu, so it wasn't a cheap meal...We enjoy it so much that we didn't mind to pay the high bill.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sharon_zz
Jerusalem, Israel
“Nice Italian restaurant, but Kosher”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Topolino serves nice, tasty Italian cuisine made with fresh products. It's a very small restaurant, tucked next to the big Mahan Yehuda market. It does not come cheap but it's a pretty straightforward place, nothing pretentious or ostentatious, only good food and nice service. The only downside is that it's kosher, which means that a whole chunk of Italian cuisine won't be available - think pork. That said, it gives you the opportunity to sample less famous dishes, which are very tasty.

Visited February 2013
“Unexpected delights”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I was enjoying Machane Yehude when I saw an elderly, and apparently quite poor, man and his wife sitting outside Topolino. He was very much enjoying some delicious looking small fish, which could have been sardines.

I was lucky to be given a small table - people were coming in all the time, many had to be refused. I saw sardines on the menu, followed by a fish cous cous. I sat back, and decided to enjoy myself so ordered a glass of house red, which was excellent.

When the sardines were served, they were not the same as those I'd seen previously but were three fillets, prepared stuffed. I was initially disappointed partly also because they seemed small. I needn't have worried. Not only were they totally delicious but also quite filling.

Between courses, I was served a complimentary salad, exquisitely dressed. Why can't I make a dressing like that?

The fish cous cous, was also beautifully seasoned and generous with both fish and cous cous so I was really full and satisfied. The bill, 155 NIS was presented with two pieces of truffles.

This, for me, was certainly not a cheap meal but I had no regrets. Everything about Topolinos called for a return visit - except that there are so many other wonderful restaurants!

• Visited December 2012