“Rude staff.Nice hotel”

Ranked #61 of 98 Hotels in Jerusalem
Barcelona, Spain
“Rude staff.Nice hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel is nice and wonderful rooms.
The problem here is the staff.
2 of the resepsjonist did not know how to give basis answers about taxi, prices and so on.
Which is the minimum of what you expect from a resepsjonist.
They have a nice restaurant on the top with amazing food but that don't help. when the staff there is untrained. a give crappy service. The gave us a heating lamp but later just unplugged and removed it in the middle of our dinner without asking, and gave it to a group of friends (of the sheff) who came after us. They just gave us the bill without asking if we wanted coffee or dessert.
And in the breakfast the staff was hiding in the kitchen , you had to sceram if you wanted coffie ore service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barcelona858
Maha K, Guest Relations Manager at St. George Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at our hotel. Your comments are of utmost value and customer care and satisfaction is our top priority.
Would you kindly provide us with your e mail address to discuss specifics and to give us the opportunity to serve you better during your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I'm joining other reviewers' comments regarding the facilities and level of service.

The room was great value, well-appointed and acceptably spacious. Common areas were also well taken care of. The bed was king-size, as promised, and my room was facing the back, so I had a wonderful night's sleep. The espresso machine was a nice touch and my room also came with a fruit plate. The neighbourhood is a delight if you like a bit of an Arab urban jungle - not everybody's cup of tea, I'm aware, but I like it. Staff was very courteous and was easy to communicate with in English.

However, there was a great sense of confusion surrounding my stay: I parked the car in the parking lot next door with a clear "St George Landmark" sign, but was told hours later by hotel staff that there was a problem leaving the car there overnight and they asked for the keys so they could move it; I had booked an executive (very spacious) room with breakfast through hotels.com, but was then assigned a standard room and was told breakfast was not included (the receptionist fixed this after I saw the room and pointed out the discrepancy); I was told my complimentary drink was good for both the lobby bar and the rooftop terrace, but when I got to the bar upstairs I was told it was "only for the restaurant"; although the receptionist said snacks were still available at the lobby bar (at 10:30pm), the staff at the bar said they had just stopped serving them; and when my room-service-breakfast was late I opened my door only to realise nobody had bothered to pick up the breakfast order card I had left hanging on my door knob (precisely as specified on the card itself). I agree breakfast was poor by Israeli standards but I found it adequate by European city-hotel standards.

As this property was priced below market prices for comparable properties, I felt it was a good-value transaction; I only wish the quality of service was more consistent with the quality of the facilities. I hear this hotel is owned by a Jordanian investment corporation - maybe they can bring some Jordanian hospitality across the border to make things better!

Room Tip: Specifically ask in advance for a room not facing the street. I hear it can make a big difference.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chen_Lev_Eshkolot
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

we celebrated my birthday sleeping in this hotel, arrived very late, had a great breakfast and then sat at the pool on the roof lookin at the rooftops of old city in jerusalem (which is only 5 minutes walk away.)
we heard they have a great lebanese restaurant on the roof, but had not actually dined there.

Room Tip: rooms with view to the old city.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Maha K, Public Relations Manager at St. George Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
It was our great pleasure being of service to you and making your stay an enjoyable one. We are delighted that you spoke highly of us here on TripAdvisor. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. Our team will be more than happy to welcome you again.
American Canyon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

i recently stayed at the St. George Landmark hotel while visiting in Jerusalem.
it was my first time in the absolutely beautiful hotel, and i must say, it made my visit very enjoyable and comfortable. To start with, it is just a few minutes walk from the Old City, and also a walking distance from downtown.
The hotel is a 5 star hotel, and is great since it is not over-priced like most 5 star hotels. it was clean, fresh, the environment was great. they have the most helpful staff, always smiling and doing their utmost to help and make their guests' stay very enjoyable.
I also dined at the rooftop restaurant Turqoise. i must say that my evening in this amazing rooftop restuarant with a view to the Old City was just fantastic. the food is great!

i would definitely stay at the st. george landmark during my next visit!

Room Tip: the rooms with the balcony are very nice (and being in the balcony is not very noisy either)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Laura B
Maha K, Guest Relations Manager at St. George Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
It was our great pleasure to be of service to you and to have made your stay enjoyable. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Jerusalem and for recommending us so kindly on TripAdvisor. Hope to see you again at our hotel.
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

The hotel was pretty good for the location to the Al Aqsa Mosque. But this hotel room no Qiblat direction and no shuttle to Al Aqsa. The most we were very disappointed with the dining arrangements suitable number of tour participants.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Maha K, Guest Relations Manager at St. George Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
We regret that we do not have a shuttle service to Al Aqsa mosque which is inside the old city as our hotel is very close to the old city. We have noted your feedback with regards to the seating arrangements at the dining room and we shared it with our team to improve the mentioned points.
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and we do hope that you will stay with us again
long island, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We just returned from Israel after 10 days of touring the country. When we arrived at our AirBnb-booked apartment down the block and around the corner from The King David Hotel, we were incredibly disappointed and had to look for a traditional hotel. The hotels near The King David are very expensive but one of the helpful people behind the desk at Mamilla Hotel was kind enough to recommend St. George. In the category of "everything for a reason", we could not have been happier with our stay at St. George. The entire staff treated us courteously and pleasantly, the rooms were perfect, the buffet breakfast (included in the room price) and Lebanese rooftop restaurant served delicious food, the rooftop pool is an oasis in Jerusalem, the location is great...can't say enough about the quality of our stay. Book this hotel and you will be happy you did!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hthcorp
It was our great pleasure to be of service to you and your family. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we were delighted that you recommended us so highly on TripAdvisor. We will be more than happy to welcome you again at out hotel.
Newbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Great breakfast, spacious rooms, very close to old city via the Damascus Gate or (even closer) Herod gate. Loved the rooftop swimming pool with view over the city.

It's in East Jerusalem, which tends to be more run-down than West Jerusalem. Sometimes noisy air conditioning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Maha K, Guest Relations Manager at St. George Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for choosing St. George Landmark hotel for your stay in Jerusalem and hope to see you again.