“A Top 10 restaurant”

Hahatzer
Ranked #184 of 800 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The name means in Hebrew "the courtyard" but should be listed by the Hebrew name "Hahatzer"
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Always consistent with quality food, good service and atmosphere.

We have been there when they are at full capacity many times and they never miss a beat.

Bring only your best friends.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Having recently tried a variety of different restaurants in Jerusalem, I feel compelled to review HaHatzer again since my last was several years ago. This restaurant still remains my favorite in Jerusalem. The food is consistently excellent, and the menus changes periodically. The service is great, and the atmosphere good. I never feel that we are paying more than the meal is worth - it is always more than worth it. For me it is and remains a wonderful dining experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

very good food. lunch special is price of main plus starter. they actually give a few salads as entrees which were really good. If i were them I would add one dessert per couple on the house. There were a few flies in the restaurant which could have been chucked out. I mean we were the only ones in the restaurant and there were two waitresses doing nothing!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 17 April 2018

The place is unpreposing tucked between the old Jerusalem railway station and a parking lot but this restaurant puts in the extra effort to give you a culinary delight. Dining with friends from overseas, we looked around for a special dining experience that was not the typical Mediterranean menu and this is it. The food was fresh tasteing, a visual delight and very creative. The women chose two different steak s for their main dishes and both were not too large nor overpriced. We had what was labeled as polenta with vegetables for an appetizer which did disappoint, not in taste, but the polenta was a soft corn pudding and NOT served with a spoon. Neither was the marrow bones of the sirloin steak served with a marrow scoop...small points but for such a fine restaurant, it should be addressed. The men ordered lighter meals, an appetizer of grilled root vegetables which was very tasty and fish dishes, well prepared and not over cooked. The chocolate extravaganza was enough for four but the meat eaters ordered the light malabi pudding which was very appreciated, being light and rosescented to compliment meal. Not inexpensive but not outrageous, I feel it was a fair price for such meticulous presentation and unusual dishes. I must also compliment the waiting staff as well as the owner who came out to answer any questions and insured we were well looked after. This is an up and coming restaurant and can only go from strength to strength.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I really liked this place a while back but it has become more rundown. The food is ok but sadly the last time I was there the table was dirty and nicked. They need a renovation.

Date of visit: December 2016