“good service and restaurant”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #38 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Alexandria, Virginia
“good service and restaurant”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

In its own way, this hotel reflects many of the internal conflicts and contradictions of the city it is located in. The place is very popular with big tourist groups, particularly with church groups from the US southeast like Mississippi, Georgia, etc. The reception area of the hotel also seems to be a very popular place for local young Jewish orthodox ready-to-get-married men and gals from well-to-do families to be introduced to each other. Some days, it is hard to find a pair of chairs that isn't occupied by one of such couples.

Service wasn't bad. First, they put me in a room with a door to the adjacent room. My neighbor was loud... I asked to be moved and the next day I had a perfectly quiet room on another floor. They also left chocolates in my room both upon the initial check-in, and in the new room. (That was probably due to my Platinum status with Priority Club. Chocolates were very good, so I didn't ask any questions...) However, I didn't get upgraded to the executive floor or had access to the executive lounge.

The place has a large restaurant and I had both breakfast and dinner included with the room. That was something else... it is a buffet and the selection was quite extraordinary. Though even that became tiring after a few days, since the selection didn't vary much from day to day.

In the end, I had to check out three days earlier than my original reservation. I thought they will charge me extra, but had no such trouble, which was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Slava L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Really very nice hotel great location free wifi clean room and great food the majority pf the staff were friendy

• Stayed July 2012
7 Thank Aviadbn
Ma'ale Adummim, Israel
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My wife and I came to a day of pampering at the spa hotel. We did not believe the day will end at a police station.
After Couples massage that was terribly terribly painful for my wife, I went to the sauna and apparently forgot my mobile phone in the massage room. Half an hour later we found out that my cell phone is not with us and we reported the theft. Defense Department's treatment in the hotel and security officer, Daniel Motznik was simply outrageous!!!. He did not agreed for us to watch the security tape Which documented One potential suspect.
Although these were the critical minutes that we could possibly find the thief in the swimming pool of the hotel! And perhaps this is the room cleaner - Pity for the distress and humiliating attitude from the security officer. To this hotel will not go back even if they pay us. In fact, we'll meet them in court!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shmulik G
Sheley13, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Guest,
First let me thank you for choosing to stay at the "Crowne Plaza" Jerusalem Hotel.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and facilities and we sincerely apologize if we fell short on this case.. Please contact us on email address: jm_gmsec@hiil.co.il to further discuss the matters mention. We hope that you will continue choosing "Crowne Plaza" Jerusalem hotel for your future lodging needs.
Kind Regards,
The hotel's management
Vancouver
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Clean, large rooms. Great pool area. Not close to any sites but 15 minute walk to great local restaurant area.

• Stayed July 2012
8 Thank lightening-al
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Vey nice hotel modern room i get a room in the 7th floor with a bridge view . Th food was tasty and perfect ,the staff friendly and collaborates,special front desk staff. Very nice swimming pool near by fitness club.the food in the dinning room delicious and varied. I advise every one to stay at this hotel in Jerusalem.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Moni M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I cannot imagine that there is a better hotel in Jerusalem. I stayed several nights at the Crowne Plaza and will definitely be staying there again when I come to Jerusalem next time. I stayed on the 16th floor. The room was newly renovated, and the view from the balcony was amazing. Everything was very, very clean. The staff was very friendly and the service wonderful. The food on the buffet was also quite enjoyable, with a lot of variety. I also took advantage of the exercise facility and swimming pool. Very nice!! Also, in the evenings I enjoyed having a few drinks with friends at their bar in the lobby. Good service and nice atmosphere. And...every 2 hours there are shuttles to the center of the city and the Mamila Mall:) So...transportation is no problem for guests of the hotel. In closing, I absolutely recommend the Crowne Plaza to everyone visiting Jerusalem!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank FOFO H
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed here with a tour group in March and we all were very impressed. Very nice rooms, a super location to get around in the city, easy to find due its height, very helpful staff, nice small shops IN the hotel to buy things, and the food.....WOW! The breakfasts, lunches and dinners are spectacular for their quality and quantity of offerings! Very nice conveniences in the rooms for travelers to use. And within walking distance of a large bus/train station with a large shopping mall built into it! Where can you go wrong with this location? I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers.

Room Tip: Ask for one close to an elevator