“Majic view”

Ranked #38 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Paris, Texas
“Majic view”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We planed to visit Israel specially the holy land Jerusalem.we got a lot of deals the best one was crowne plaza Jerusalem,when we arrived we saw the tallest building with a huge lobby entrance free wifi Olympic swimming pool and the modern rooms on the top floors.i think that's the best place in Jerusalem and we will be back.

1 Thank Nicholas66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

The rooms were nice,karemeh from the houskeeping was the great supervisor ever see,she took care of our rooms every day we came back from the tour the rooms are clean and fresh if anybody goes to crowne plaza ask to get a rooms were karemeh wors.on the top floors,food was great and the rest of the staff was polite and friendly.i recomend that place,i will be back.

1 Thank Slw54
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is my third time to israel and my choice should be at the crowne jerusalem where i find my relaxable and the best service check in until the check out modern hotel the best food swimming pool and spa all together makes you the vip guest.

1 Thank Sloma8
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my mother back in October. We stayed here as part of a tour we were on that went around Israel. The room we had was very good - clean, modern & spacious. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner and we always found the range and quality of food to be very good. The staff in the restaurant were excellent. They were both friendly and willing to engage in conversation. One night I spilt a hot drink over my arm whilst serving myself at a machine. The staff present immediately came over to assist me and to make sure that I was ok. A manager was brought to me who had some cream to help. Later on, the member of staff came up to me to see how I was and to see if I needed anything. The next day he recognised me (an impressive feat considering the number of guests in the hotel) and again asked how I was. There was genuine care over my well-being - exhibiting great customer service.

Location-wise, it is hard to comment as we had a tour bus which took us around the sites in Jerusalem. There didn't appear to be too much immediately around the hotel, however the light railway is close to the hotel which will take you to the Central Bus Station, the market or the Old City.

One thing to be aware of are the lifts on Sabbath. The buttons in the lifts designated for the Sabbath will not work! If you get in at the restaurant on the -1 floor, the lift will immediately take you to the top floor (23 if my memory is correct!) and will then stop at each floor on the way down (as we found out!)

We were very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank EKTOrganiser
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We were with the kids two nights at the hotel.
We received two interconnecting rooms.
Good quality rooms, shower not so good, there were problems with water pressure.
We received a room on the top floor with views to the west very well.
Dinner accommodations, but there is room for improvement, on Friday was a long queue at the entrance to the dining room.
Heated swimming pool and good.
There is a free shuttle to the city center.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear dovcohen11,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that you liked the room you received. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
tzoran
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

One night stay nice room with coffee and tea iron lcd tv nice bathroom.
Lobby n8ce not big, sauna and health room cost additional 50 nis ,great food dinner and breakfast, Hani from costumer service asking politely the guests of their stay, i reccmmened this hotel to all

1 Thank yigalkatan
Rospk
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is the second time my wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Jerusalem. Both times we stayed for three weeks. This time it began the end of July...

Our stay was most memorable and we continued to talk about it several weeks later. The factor that contributed most to this was the outstanding and caring services of the staff. Riad, the front manager, who I dealt with extensively both visits and continued the tradition of excellent service. His efforts were many and appreciated. Munjed and Akram, other managers were likewise very helpful. At the front desk staff that were particularly helpful and made our stay more pleasant were George, Benny (concierge) and Saggi ( then a trainee) all of the personnel I mentioned tried their very best in handling our personal requests while at the same time dealing with long lines of guests checking in or out or making their own requests. If anything did not go right, efforts were made to correct or provide suitable alternatives. There were many others who extended themselves, unfortunately, I just don’t have their names.

The food was better than superb. We’ve been to many hotels in Israel and no one comes close to the quality and quantity of food. It was very tasty, it was fresh, very exquisitely and skilfully prepared and there was plenty. Chefs were superior. Miri, the food manager was excellent. Her staff, likewise, are to be commended. She also was very attentive to our needs. All of the staff in the downstairs dining room and upstairs lobby restaurant always were eager to help us to make our stay more pleasant.

At the conclusion of our stay, we felt very close and connected both to the hotel and the staff. We have told family, friends, colleagues about our very positive experience. When we come back to Israel again we once again look forward to staying at the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family