We stayed over the weekend. Our room was not ready at the official 15:00 check in, and we waited for another 25 minutes till the room was ready. The hotel feels like it's in need of an urgent makeover:
1. hallway carpets are very dirty.
2. The chair in our room was broken, it was switched for a real "run down" chair with lots of stains and a leg reinforcment missing, reception said that they will send a decent one, but they never did.
3. A/C wasn't working properly, inspite of our requests - it was never fixed during our stay (luckily it wasn't that cold and we got extra blankets).
4. hotel spa - got a torn robe that was replaced with a stained one... the waiting area offers only cold and hot water - i never visited a spa in Israel that didn't offer any tea, coffe and some cookies. No hot tub (jaccuzi) in the spa.
To sum up - everything felt like maintenance is well over due, It isn't awful, just not what you would expect from a 4 star hotel.
The food was mediocre, selection was good both in the morning and evening, but a lot of over dried meat- again, not awful, but i was expecting more.
Location of the hotel is good, with the wonderful "machne yeuda" market 10 minutes away and the old town a short drive with the light train.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Jerusalem hotel is ideally located at the entrance to the capital, half an hour drive from Israel's international airport and within walking distance from the Knesset - the Israeli parliament and Supreme Court with their unique architecture, also in the vicinity the museums district. the Crowne Plaza Jerusalem hotel is the tallest building in the city and an impressive land mark. All rooms have balconies and are over looking the panoramic views of the old city and new quarters with breathtaking scenery of Judea hills in their backgrounds. The hotel offers a variety of banqueting solutions from 30 to 900 participants in a theater style seminar at our modern and audio-video equipped conference hall or at a sit down gourmet function as per your request. Within a few seconds walk the biggest indoor convention complex in Israel The ICC. At the Crowne Plaza Jerusalem You'll find the most updated executive services, Club lounge on the top 21st floor, Wireless high speed Internet connection in all rooms & public areas. Covered heated swimming pool and SPA including 2 tennis courts, gym, wet and dry sauna and workout studio classes. From It's great location you are invited to walk or a drive to each of this holy city's specially characterized historic areas and get back to your home away from home at the Crowne Plaza Jerusalem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Crowne Plaza