“Crown Plaza ? Just the name !”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #43 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

If you are used to the quality of Crown Plaza world wide - you definitely won't find same in this one !
Room: Small , ugly carpet , average and under decoration.
Bathroom : Tiny , clean , uncomfortable. Toiletries - just ok.
Staff attitude : Pleasant .
Location: I'd rather prefer Mamila hotel. The Crown isn't so close to the city center .
Breakfast: Good Israeli breakfast but most hotels provide same.
Summary : "Nothing to write home about".
Met my expectations ? Definitely not.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AKRAM K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback.Your comments are higly valuable to us and will assist us in our continous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.
I appreciate feedback that we recive,whether possitive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests.Thank you again for your review and i hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again.
Sincerely,Akram Khweis,Guest Relations Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,667)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

While the hotel has been built long time ago (i guess), i think this property could be much better with small investment...

1. The garden in front of the lobby: look like a "abandonned yard"
2. Rooms:
- very poorly isolated. Noise go thru walls.
- painting.... I was told i got a renovated room... Really poorly painted
- non smoking room smells like a seriously smoking room (on top of humidity smell)
- furniture... Looks like the old 80ies day... Not at all as per the CP standard.
3. breakfast room: look like a cantine. No charms as we could expect
4. Staff: okay but nothing special...
5. Service: i took cofee in my room, afternoon, when i came back...no cleaning the cup, no refilling the consummed tea or cofee,

Also, a details but a difference for trequent travellers: no intention for ambassador platinium as i am used to get anywhere (i.e. In tel aviv)

But, after all, the location s not bad, bit aside of the hectic historical city center... So, i call this place "pratical" ; nothing else...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We arrived with our tour and they gave my sister and I a tiny standard room with barely enough room to walk around the bed. After complaining, we were finally moved to a little larger room. There was also a great deal of confusion about where our tour group was to eat and the customer service in the dining room was non-existent. We were supposed to eat at 5:00 pm on the evening of our departure and were not seated until 5:30 pm (after again complaining to management). We stayed at three other hotels in Israel who provided us with great customer service and we had no issues. We seemed to have nothing but issues at Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
AKRAM K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us youe feedback.Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continous eforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.I appreciate feedback that we receive,whether possitive or negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests.Thank you again for your review and i hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel, although not a 4 star in my books, was quite comfortable and relatively clean. Beds were comfortable. Room size was decent, shower leaked as there is only half door! Very busy large buffet, but service was always really good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
AKRAM K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest
I appreciate feedback that we receive,whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests.Thank you again for your review and i hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay in this hotel.The service crew are excellent in dealing with customers especially the staff in the dining area.We commend a certain,Ramii(I think)he's a waiter at that time,we felt that we're in a cruise ship at that time.He remembers our preference for drinks everyday,he knows I'm a tea drinker and he always get my favorite tea.Too bad we did't see him when we left because he's a student and he's off that day.Im just wondering, I emailed the hotel because I left several bottles of wine from Cana and soaps from the Dead Sea,I was thinking that I might have left those by the door near the balcony and curtains must have covered them that's why we didn't see those bags.I hope somebody received my email to them right after we arrived in the States.But my overall review for this hotel is excellent.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the code for the wifi right.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review.We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is alwaysgreat to hear from our guests on how we are doing.
We appreciate the candid feedback we recive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Thank you for staying with us,and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was dreading the fact that I was staying in this hotel, see my other reviews. I stayed here as my client place me in this hotel, this is a hotel that I will do anything to avoid due to my previous extremely bad experiences. I have not even listen all of the extremely bad experiences that have suffered in this hotel.

I am happy to report that the hotel has taken a major step forward, and can be defined as a very decent three star or low class four-star hotel.

And I do particularly thank OZ who really did seem to care and made rectifying past problems has business.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Givemeaholiday

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. It is a nice hotel but there are some buts;
1. The rooms are spacious, clean and the beds are comfortable.
2. Bathrobes are provided.
3. Breakfast is included.
4. The in room safe is large enough to fit a laptop.
5. The lifts are fast and there are 6 lifts for guests and other lifts for staff.
6. There is an ATM, Shuttle to Airport which is very reasonable.
7. It is a good central location.

The dislikes of this hotel are;
1. It is so crowded for breakfast and dinner it makes it unpleasant. The chefs and wait staff are trying to get in and out of the kitchen to the hot food bar and it is so hard to find a space with a large, heavy tray of hot food. It feels like the hotel gave little thought to the layout of how a buffet could be laid out with so many people.
2. If you desire to put anything in the fridge eg: an orange, a small jug of milk you will be charged 20 shekels per day.
3. Our room had a balcony which was really nice however there are no chairs out there to use to enjoy the balcony.
4. There is no complimentary water.
5. The internet is for free but very slow morning and night due to the many people wanting to use the internet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank George S
AKRAM K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback.Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.Iam pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and the hotel staff friendly.
I appreciate feedback that we receive whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests.Thank you again for your review and i hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.
Sincerely,Akram Khwies,Guest Relations Manager.