Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #43 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 23 December 2010

Carpeting had been replaced with Laminate flooring, but more needed to be done. Look like it hadn't been updated since the mid 1960's including the bathroom and its plumbing fixtures. It had lovely ceiling to floor doors that opened inward so you could step out to a tiny little balconey which would have been great as the temperature was way above average when we were there and this would have been refreshing except we were on the 3rd floor right over the air-conditioners for the lobby and main floor. Was entirely too loud to even leave the doors open and enjoy the breeze.

Was quiet inside the room with regards to not hearing your neighbors and the beds were very comfy and we slept well. had some intestinal problems that required the sheets to need to be changed the next day, or so I thought. Left them well exposed for changing but that didn;t happen. I called to housekeeping for cleam sheets and they were prompt in bringing clean ones. I halfway made the bed and left a pile on the floor.

I guess they don't use wash cloths in this country as neither hotel I stayed in had any, but I didn't call and ask for any either.

I think the thing I was sorry about the most was the location. We were with a large tour group and this is located in a business/residential type location and is a $15 cab ride to the Old City Jerusalem, in order to do any shopping or just look around tp see anything. Once you came back in the afternoon you were stuck there unless you paid more to leave.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank lynncrist
Write a ReviewReviews (1,662)

Reviewed 7 December 2010

Weather is changing here in Jerusalem and there is crispness in the air. The days are in the mid to low 60s and mid to high 50s at night. Even with a little rain, the weather is nice in Jerusalem.
The Crown Plaza has turned on the heat so there is NO way to regulate the temp in the room but to open the door to the balcony! You are right, I cannot believe it either. I have called the front desk and while they did send the maintenance person to my room, he confirmed that there is no other choice. For the price I am paying for this room, I would expect comfort or at least a fan to cool off. It is over 75 in my room. Since the location is next to the bus station, the traffic noise make sleeping impossible while I wait for the room to cool down.
I will make another choice when I return to Jersualem.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel with my wife for the second time. As club members we received a worm welcome and receptionist recognized us as returning guests. We had an efficient check inn and our room was nice clean and modern at one of the top floors with a fantastic city view. We enjoyed the varied Israeli style breakfast and the very knowledgeable Concierge offered for the evening some grate restaurants around "Machne Yehuda" Market – which is just few minutes walk from the hotel. Transportation from the hotel to the city centre and to the old city is very convenient. We enjoyed our stay and we hope for the opportunity to return to this hotel, the cost was utterly reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amoreno88
Reviewed 1 December 2010

The place is a disgrace.
Starting with the horrible, insolent service and down to the shabby rooms – I don't have one decent word to say about this hotel. Even the food is lousy.
My family and I almost considered leaving the place at once but decided not to let it ruin our vacation. Hope that if you made the same mistake it didn't ruin yours either.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SupernovaSurvivor
Reviewed 21 November 2010

We had very good expectation about this hotel since it is "crown plaza". However, the minute we walked in to our room--such disappointments. It looked so old and needed major renovation. Room floor wasn't cleaned--there were plastic cups and crackers on the floor--linens on the bed weren't even changed from the previous customers--there were hairs on the pillow and the bed.
There was a mini bar, however just for the show--it was so old and dilapidated, didn't even work.
Worst part was--3rd day, due to stains on the linens, we took it out and left it on the floor expecting them to change the lines. When we came back from our outing, to our total shock, they picked up the lines with the stains that was on the floor and put it back on the bed. This was most demeaning service I ever received.
Bathrooms were very tiny and untidy --did not supply enough amenities either. This hotel shouldn't be getting more that 2 or 3 stars. Management of this hotel is very poor.

• Stayed: November 2010
3  Thank Lucas-mickey
Reviewed 20 November 2010

nicely located hotel for business. but extremely old. seemede seedy and not worth the money! it needs renovation immediately. we could locate only about 6 staff in the whole hotel! which was amazing! has a nice shopping arcade, and medi restaurant. Indian restaurant food wasnt good, and also needs renovation.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Saurabhkedia
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel for business and only because it was the conference hotel. The rooms have balconies and spectacular views of the city (perhaps some of the best). However, it was too expensive to be just average. It needed some work and they were doing some of it. The room was okay, but the bathroom was very small. The staff was somewhat friendly. The restaurant is just okay if you like the same buffet every night. It also had a pricey Indian restaurant. It is near the conference center, which is convenient and good enough to house the Israeli Prime Minister who was a conference speaker. Other than that, I would have stayed somewhere else.... They did give me a free bottle of water, some slippers, and a small vase of flowers in the room.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business