“Very nice hotel”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #42 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We spent two nights at the Crowne Plaza this week and enjoyed it very much. Room was small but comfortable and nicely-appointed. Location is actually perfect - across the street from the Knesset/Supreme Court, a short walk or 5-minute drive to bustling Ben-Yehuda Street, and still a short drive/cab ride from the Old City. Concierge was extraordinarily helpful, as was the staff in general. A nice, reliable option when in Jerusalem.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,700)

Reviewed 16 February 2011

It's an ok chain hotel. The breakfast room is like a zoo on a Sunday, CROWDED. You cannot really walk anywhere and Jerusalem is one of those places where you have to negotiate the taxi drives.

We were in a room that had access to the executive lounge and that was very good, because we could use free internet there, and get free food and drinks all the time. That was very very nice, but if you don't get this benefit...well, I don't know.

We saw other hotels that were closer to the Old Town. You'd be better off there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swissmex
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Its $30 per person per day for breakfast, a small snack for dinner and access to the gym and business center.... BUT ITS A SEPARATE CHARGE TO USE THE INTERNET IN YOUR ROOM! ($22.50 per device per day) For the same price we went and had breakfast at the best hotel in Jerusalem! I spend about six months a year out of country and conversation seems to circle around hotels charging a lot for a room, then all the extra fees.... Until large companies get together and collectively go against these hotels its always going to be the same. From now on I am going to review every hotel I go to. The YMCA is way better....

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2011

We stayed in Crowne Plaza when we came back Jerusalem from Petra, the reason we choose the hotel because it is at the entrance route to the city from Tel Aviv, and my husband needs to go to Tel Aviv for business, it is very easy for him to get on route#1 from the hotel, it also only takes 5 min walk for me to go the new central bus station to take bus#20 to Jaffa Gate and visit Old city.
The room is okay, 2+ or 3 star, the price is right, my opinion

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulieZhang
Reviewed 28 January 2011

My stay at Crowne Plaza Jerusalem hotel was extremely pleasant.
I arrived very early in the morning and I was welcomed by a very polite and patient receptionist. I was even offered to join Priority Club – the brand's loyalty reward program.
During my stay I was very impressed by the professional service at the Lobby and the staff member's constant aspiration to accommodate our needs. I was ordering on daily basis their rich continental breakfast that was sent to my room every day promptly.
I also must mention the outstanding modernly designed Spa, the gym is well equipped and in the treatment rooms I found proper serenity.
Thank you for the wonderful time I spend at your hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiatiR
Reviewed 27 January 2011

All recent reviews (except the highest ratings) are accurate. Definately stay on the 14th floor or higher. Winter room temp is also a problem. You have to take a taxi to almost every place. Breakfast is okay, but other hotels is better. Wi-Fi access costs $23 per day (huge ripoff). Fitness room costs at least $8 per day, and the hours of operation are not conducive to business travelers. So, my bottom line is, don't pay more than $100 for this hotel room (and definately not for a room under the 14th floor).

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2010

Carpeting had been replaced with Laminate flooring, but more needed to be done. Look like it hadn't been updated since the mid 1960's including the bathroom and its plumbing fixtures. It had lovely ceiling to floor doors that opened inward so you could step out to a tiny little balconey which would have been great as the temperature was way above average when we were there and this would have been refreshing except we were on the 3rd floor right over the air-conditioners for the lobby and main floor. Was entirely too loud to even leave the doors open and enjoy the breeze.

Was quiet inside the room with regards to not hearing your neighbors and the beds were very comfy and we slept well. had some intestinal problems that required the sheets to need to be changed the next day, or so I thought. Left them well exposed for changing but that didn;t happen. I called to housekeeping for cleam sheets and they were prompt in bringing clean ones. I halfway made the bed and left a pile on the floor.

I guess they don't use wash cloths in this country as neither hotel I stayed in had any, but I didn't call and ask for any either.

I think the thing I was sorry about the most was the location. We were with a large tour group and this is located in a business/residential type location and is a $15 cab ride to the Old City Jerusalem, in order to do any shopping or just look around tp see anything. Once you came back in the afternoon you were stuck there unless you paid more to leave.

• Stayed: November 2010