“Made our visit that extra enjoyable!”
Review of Golden Walls Hotel

Golden Walls Hotel
Ranked #50 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Visited the golden walls on holiday we had pre booked for a few nights, had a fabulous time on our holiday and the hotel had that extra kick to make our visit extra enjoyable, we had a superb hotel with very generous staff, cleaning was always on time and staff were attentive all the time! Very clean and friendly will love to visit again hopefully!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank harrietutton1
There are newer reviews for Golden Walls Hotel

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed at the Golden Walls For vacation. The staff and service was excellent. I stayed on the renovated side of the hotel and my room was very nice and clean. The hotel is very close to Damascus gate so I was able to walk to the souks and also very close to Holy Sepulchre, Wailing Wall, and other places you may want to visit during your stay. Free wifi with adequate connection to use Skype and other Internet services to contact family while abroad. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kmari78
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We are due to leave The Golden Walls tomorrow morning. I am in my room having enjoyed a Sultan's Banquet. The food once again was excellent with plenty of choice from a range of different food varieties. There was plenty of it and it is well prepared.
The hotel is well placed within Jerusalem being close to Damascus Gate and also within walking distance of the newer area of the city centre (I walked there earlier this evening). The hotel is clean and neat. Though not a five star hotel it has everything I want. I didn't have my bed turned back but then I can manage that myself. I didn't have rose petals scattered on my sheets but I wouldn't want that either. I thoroughly enjoyed my five days here. Now, I am looking forward to my last breakfast!

Room Tip: If you need someone else to do everything for you, go somewhere else. Try not to get a room overlook...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank FrednGingerCardiff
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel as part of a Mc Cabe pilgrimage for 4 nights. There were many other groups there at the same time.
The hotel was actually much better than I expected it to be. Our room had been recently renovated, was very clean and had a large bathroom.
The view from our room initially looked rather dull - right next to a bus station; however on the last day we discovered that the rocky cliff was actually Skull Hill which can be seen properly from The Garden Tomb - just around the corner.
After reading previous reviews I thought we might be woken early by the call to prayer from the mosque which was right outside our window but the hotel was very quiet at night and we slept well.
You can walk from the hotel through the Damascus Gate and right into the old city which was an amazing experience. The wonderful different sights, sounds and smells from the city and the souks will stay with me forever.
There is plenty of food to choose from at the hotel - all meals buffet style and something to suit everyone.
We had an amazing time on our pilgrimage and we certainly hope to return.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Came here as part of a McCabe pilgrimage group and found the Golden Walls a friendly place to lay our heads.
Our room was small and rather tired but other members of the party had more spacious and up to date accommodation. We had one small insect (roach type) visitor which wasn't great but generally the room was clean enough.
The food was good and plentiful.
We found the small local supermarket - 30 seconds from the front door - go straight ahead on exit - good for water and sodas at decent prices.
Don't miss the roof garden with a view of the city walls.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at this 3s hotel and were lucky enough to get a room on the top level at the front of the hotel with a door opening out onto the roof terrace and a great view of the walls of the old city. Could get a little noisy at night but wasn’t too bad. Room was a good size although bathroom was a little smallish but hot water was plentiful, walls were very thin and could hear activity from next door. I say lucky because some members of our group had rooms that were very small, in particular the singles on our tour had tiny rooms. The hotel is very close to the Damascus gate entrance to the old city and there are a lot of restaurants in the area and a great variety of street food (which we ate). As mentioned by previous posters the hotel is also close to the transport terminals. The main entrance to the hotel is via quite a number of stairs, which is difficult when carrying suitcases. It this would prove difficult for you I was told by a fellow visitor that there is a lift from the street level to the reception area- perhaps go first (without suitcases) to the reception and find out the location.

This hotel is aimed at the large number of pilgrims that visit the area and specialize in large tour groups so if you find that bothersome I would advise you not to stay here. We ourselves were there as tourists and didn’t have any issues.

Breakfast was buffet style and looked reasonable but up close it was a little wanting, a large variety of sweet things on offer. We didn’t have dinner at the hotel as it was very pricey as was drinks from the bar. Free wifi which is also a bonus. Great lounge area near reception with loads of seating and great views.

I can't quite bring myself to give this hotel a very good (but it nearly was).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you appreciate seeing the walls of Jerusalem across the street from your large window and having the Damascus and Herod's Gates into the Old City a block away then this is the right spot. Also a block away was the bus terminal, taxi termnial and light rail station. I found the staff to be exceptionally helpful and hospitable both when the hotel was crowded during Easter and when it emptied out thereafter. The rooms were of adequate size but not exceptional. The beds were excellent. The hot breakfast buffet was very large and varied and the food very good. Dinner food was excellent. I plan to return here.

Room Tip: I had a second floor room facing the walls and found the view day and night to be thrilling.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends