“My Experiance”
Review of The King David

The King David
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed for a week at the King David it was a fantastic experience my room looked out onto the Kottell which was magic in itself it was so classy and inviting I wanted to just relax and enjoy it as I did. In all parts of the hotel the look was chic in abundance but extremely comfortable and welcoming the staff were most helpful in every way they really could not do enough for you as were the management everyone that visits Israel should visit the King David Hotel to see for themselves and that the wonderful experience that I have enjoyed. All around there are historic things to see all in walking distance if I could award stars to the King David Hotel I would award at least 6 stars for the Hotel the staff the management and the unique experience that one gets just when you walk into the foyer.as I have said MAGIC

Room Tip: Looking out to the Kottel it is magnificent
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandraparnell

Reviewed 4 February 2012

its w once in a lifetime experience, that anyone should aspire to have
there was almos no incentive to leave the room
had a great time

Room Tip: ask for old city view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Me1978
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I wasn't even a guest and they offered me world-class service! Imagine what they'll do for guests.

I had an upcoming week-long business trip to Israel and I wanted to make the most of what was less than a day for personal activities. I wanted to see the Old City. Before I left, I emailed King David asking if I could leave my bags with them as a courtesy to a guest staying at one of their Haifa sister hotels. Not only were they more than welcoming, they even offered to arrange a tour of the Old City and provided several options. After I chose an option, everthing was set.

I touched down at Ben Gurion at 9am and found my way to the King David. They were expecting me. Score: 1 point. I was obviously a weary traveller having just spent 12 hours in the air without sleeping a wink. I just wanted to freshen up and asked for the nearest restroom. They countered with a complimentary room and a hot shower! I was very grateful but declined, washing up in the restroom instead. I was hungry and there wasn't time to eat and take a shower before the tour guide arrived and I wanted to see as much of the Old City as possible. It's the thought that counts. Score: 2 more points. For taking my luggage, arranging an excellent private tour, and an overall supreme performance for the brief time I was with them, they earn 1 more point. Their coup de grace, however, came a few hours after I left them. Having arrived at the Haifa Dan Panorama at 11pm after being awake for 36 hours straight, I found the Dan Panorama was also expecting me. The King David called and told them I was coming, would be very tired, and to take care of me. Score: 2 more points.

That's 6 points. Tripadvisor only allows 5 points. :)

Special thanks to General Manager Dror Danino who set the ball in motion, Concierge Eyal Ayalon who made all the arrangments, and especially Erez who was the man on-duty

Shalom!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here in mid-December 2011 with a small group tour. The place drips with history and the location, within easy walking distance of the Jaffa Gate into the Old City, is hard to beat. The public rooms are spacious and inviting and they have retained a certain older, classy feel, but the bedroom we stayed in was completely modern and up to date, with an extremely comfortable bed, sitting area off to the side, large closet space, and a very bright and well laid out bathroom.
We had a couple of dinners, one in the main dining room on a Friday, i.e., Shabbat, evening which was only so-so, and another in the more casual restaurant, which has a surprisingly limited menu and was also ok but not great. But as others have said, the breakfast buffet is terrific, the service prompt and very friendly, and you can order an omelette or the like from the kitchen if the buffet isn't to your liking. Jerusalem has other good restaurants so this is not a big problem.
We would happily return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank degustibusnon
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed at the King David Hotel over Christmas and New Years and can't say enough about the quality of the stay. True to its history, the King David excelled in every way. We had the best waitstaff at breakfast each morning, eager to please and spot on for service and a smile. No grumpy "I have to work the weekend" staff here. A friendly hello when we came through each day, either on our way out or in. Happy people. Our room faced the Old City and the view is magnificent, especially at night when the Jaffa Gate is softly lit. Myra, the Customer Service rep, was always available and like magic, seemed to "be there", and treated us like valued guests. The restaurants are wonderful and again, the waitstaff giving thoughtful suggestions, right down to the wine. Our holiday was certainly enriched, and this is our third stay here. We wouldn't go anywhere else and we certainly have choices.

Room Tip: We opted for the lower level second floor. Give yourself a treat and pop for the 5th floor. Rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank BlueIrishEyes
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed at the King David for a family celebration on the weekend of 6/1/12. We were a family of 7 adults and 2 babies. We had the best time possible! The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful, very classy, old world charm impeccably maintained. The hotel staff is attentive, gracious, ready to help, gives you the feeling that you are the most important guest (although the hotel was full). We had a private dining room for Shabbat night dinner, with three people waiting on us and happily catering to every request (2 small children...). It was a wonderful experience, and the food was amazing, on par with the best restaurants. We were graciously upgraded to a wonderful suite, with Old City view - amazing. The regular rooms were also great, beautifully decorated, best linen, lots of closet space. We stayed in many first class hotels all over the world, and King David Hotel is among the best. It's definitely the best hotel in Israel.
Thanks for the most wonderful family weekend at the King David!.

Room Tip: A room with a view!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PhilipG98
Reviewed 18 January 2012

After sorting out problems on arrival I had an enjoyable stay. The breakfast is fantastic. If you ask for something and it is possible you will get it with a smile. Nice views of the Old City. On a bus route or taxis are always available. Special complements to the Breakfast Room manager and his assistant. I think her name is Miss Hove.

Room Tip: Cut your coat according to your cloth. This is not a cheap hotel. There are cheaper hotels in the sa...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo