“My home away from home”

Ranked #10 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Chicago, Illinois
“My home away from home”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The King David is not just a hotel, of course: it has a fascinating history in Jerusalem and is well worth a visit just to sit on the terrace overlooking the Old City. We enjoyed a four day stay this time. As usual, the service was superb: any concerns were addressed immediately and pleasantly. I would have appreciated a coffee maker in the room, like the one we had at the Dan Jerusalem. Other than that, the beds were very comfortable, the food was excellent, (the buffet breakfast and Saturday lunch were outstanding), and there was a wide choice of tv channels. Everythng, from the towels to toiletries, was top of the line. I am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pianoprincess10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2012

As extensive travelers, my husband and I have stayed in many high-end hotels. The King David is amongst our favorites. Not only is it a historic icon in Israel, but the impeccable service and outstanding food make it a winner from every viewpoint. Our spacious room overlooking the Old City on the 5th floor was modern and beautifully decorated. The sitting area and desk were very comfortable, and we returned every evening (we were there for a week) to a beautiful fresh fruit platter, goblets of almonds and cashews, and hand made chocolates. Because we were touring, we ordered breakfast in the room for the first few days. My poached eggs were perfectly done (hard to achieve with hotel delivery), and breakfast included cheese, olives, a basket of the most delicious pastry, juice, coffee. We were delighted. The next few days we went down to the breakfast buffet, and were overwhelmed by the variety and quality of the breakfast. Laundry was quickly washed and returned. Several amenities we loved - a 120 outlet in a pull out drawer meant that we could power up one of our various iPads and iPhones without a converter; and the gift shop changed our dollars at better rates than the nearby ATM. We have also stayed at the David Citadel, and there is comparison between the hotels. Do yourself a favor, and stay at the King David - I promise you won't regret it.

Room Tip: You're in Jerusalem. Ask for a room overlooking the Old City on the 5th or 6th floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank susang4835
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Another great Dan Hotel. This is supposed to be the top and the service here and the facility makes you feel special. Is a pricey hotel, so you would expect this, but people uses smiles and courtesy that is not always granted in luxury hotels. I was there for work and I needed a coffe facility in my bedroom. They have sent me first a kettle and then a Nespresso machine. My only recommedation would be to make this avavilable to all the guest as personally, as soon as I wake up I need my coffe and I do not want to use the room service for the many coffees a day I drink while on business and working from my room. Understanding this is a luxury hotel, this may be on their policy, however, they are impeccable in satisfy guest requests and it was really much appreciated. My room with the view on the Old City was spectacular and I felt I never wanted to leave Jerusalem. The hotel management, security and maintenance and all the staff are superb. The room are beautiful and the breakfast buffet is one of the best I have ever seen. I would recommed to variate a bit more the menu on the little restaurant facing the garden, altough very good quality and great portions. Loved the King David.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Old City. Is magical.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Fra-carlo
Meadowbrook, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed for five days at what proved to be one of the best high-end, non-resort hotels we have experienced in fifty years of travel. Staff was extraordinarily accommodating; rooms clean, spacious and ample in every respect; food exceptional by any reasonable standard, particularly the buffet breakfast. It is easy to see why so many world leaders - ranging from kings and presidents to entertainment icons - have chosen the King David as their home in Jerusalem.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank i82much
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Very good hotel. The breakfast is amazing and the staff is really polite and helpful. The facilities are great and the rooms are big. You are treated like you are a king!!! Really nice experience in Jerusalem . To wake up with a smile in the morning!! Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Wolverine123
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My daughter and I went to the King David Hotel for Shabbat dinner. Everyone said this was a must. It was a little expensive but we thought we were going to have a wonderful experience eating in this historic hotel. We were very disappointed. We were shown to a table way in the back near the kitchen even though there were many tables were open. They did show us to an empty table when we asked. The food was very mediocre. What you would expect at a catered wedding. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank zzzemble
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at The King David, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your visit at the King David.
We have held extensive inquiries with the senior staff of the dining room and are pleased to share with you the results.
Please note that the dining room was remarkably busy on that evening, whereas most of the tables which seemed available, were actually reserved for later hour. Besides, a large family event took place in the adjacent hall.
Thus, more than 300 guests were having the Shabbat dinner on that date, with the same menu. At the King David, Saturday meals are traditional and family oriented. In fact, many of the guests enjoyed the meal and commended the variety and quality of food offered.
Notwithstanding the above, we would like to assure you that we strive for the highest standards in all areas of the hotel operations, with constant efforts to improve the quality of food and service. Therefore, we would encourage you to contact us directly and specify your remarks. We hope to welcome you again at the King David, and trust that your impressions will be more favorable next time.
The Management.
oakland, ca
Reviewed 3 March 2012

we wanted to have lunch there. we pulled into the drive and were met by two men. one who greeted guests the other who seemed like a supervisor. it was very quiet there no usual hotel bustle. we told them why we were there and they said there was no valet parking or general parking for that matter. only the dairy restaurant was open thet informed us. i asked if there was any handicapped parking, no they said. the next thing they said was, leave your car here we'll take care of it for you.
we went in and had lunch. the staff was wonderful. food was delicious. view beautiful. yet the price for the three of us was very reasonable, around 150.00 with tip. yes if you are on a tight budget it's pricey, but i tell you being there in all it's glory and history is worth it. we stopped on our way out to ask the concierge a question. we ended up spending about 40 minutes with him. he was so full of info we couldn't pull ourselves away. everyone we encountered treated us like vip's. they all went far and above to accomodate us.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends