What can I say? It's the King David. You never forget it's history. There are photographs of the famous people who stayed here through the years, including Liz Taylor, Mohammed Ali, and countless heads of state. There is also a kind of "walk of fame" of the signatures of people as diverse as the Black Eyed Peas and Hillary Clinton. My standard room was huge. The bathroom had 2 sinks and a separate shower and bath.
The only problem was the service. In both the restaurant and the bar we waited a very long time. But that is a small quibble.
The hotel is in a great location - walking distance to the Jaffa Gates of the Old City and with a park right behind it. It is also close to the Mamilla Mall, which has some nice restaurants and stores and artwork in-between.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King David Jerusalem Hotel is the Israel's most famous hotel stands majestic, overlooking the Old City of Jerusalem. This landmark hotel is steeped in history and is the preferred choice of world leaders and celebrities alike. This regal and outstanding member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is superbly located within walking distance from both the major historic sites of the Old City, and modern Jerusalem's lively center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The King David reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King David Hotel Jerusalem
- King David Jerusalem
- King David Hotel Jerusalem