We have stayed in this iconic hotel many times over the years. It is, without doubt, the grand dame of early 20th century hotels, still operating today. However, such institutions require not only regular maintenance but also periodic rejuvenation, which has not been carried out in this hotel for many years. Levels 5 and 6 have been renovated but the rooms are smaller than those on lower floors and are not particularly attractive.The service is mediocre and attention to detail is scant. The rooms, whilst very spacious, some with magnificent old city views, have ancient bathrooms and depressing decor. Whilst the breakfast buffet is generous and plentiful, tea pots come with plastic covers and chipped cups and saucers. The laundry service is quite poor with garments not having been properly pressed. Sadly, this hotel leaves much to be desired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King David Jerusalem Hotel is the Israel's most famous hotel stands majestic, overlooking the Old City of Jerusalem. This landmark hotel is steeped in history and is the preferred choice of world leaders and celebrities alike. This regal and outstanding member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is superbly located within walking distance from both the major historic sites of the Old City, and modern Jerusalem's lively center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The King David reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King David Hotel Jerusalem
- King David Jerusalem
- King David Hotel Jerusalem