The King David
US$492
US$460
US$203
US$190
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$207
US$182
Atlas.co.il
  • Breakfast included
City Center Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$730
US$650
Waldorf Astoria
US$684
US$640
Agoda.com
1,588 results
All reviewsla regenceworld leadershistoric hotelold citykind davidpool area isdairy restaurantbreakfast buffetroom facingguest relationsdining roomdan hotelsan upgradeup to dateshabbat dinnerfive star hotelwonderful hotel
Reviewed 29 January 2010

The King David Hotel is in a perfect location for touring the Holy City. It's location is safe, secure, with excellent rooms (clean and perfect) and you may even request room with views of the Old City. It is a short walk to nightlife, if you choose, and a very short taxi ride to the Old City (for older folks or folks who do not want to walk a bit.) The breakfast service in the Main Dining Room is excellent, and the Hotel Bar is a great place to relax and discuss the day's sightseeing. I would recommend it for business travellers - but, be warned, this is one of the finest hotels in the world, and you will pay a premium to lodge here. The best hotel in the city, hands down, but worth the expense.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2010

We found that staying at the King David was both enjoyable and historic. The service was extraordinary; it was efficient and polite. The service was very attentive whether from housekeeping or the dining staff or the concierge. We even had excellent attention from the person in charge of the rooms. The hotel also made arrangements for my husband and grandson to swim at a nearby hotel. We felt so at home which is unusual when staying at such a large hotel that was filled up during the holiday season.
For my grandson it was particularly meaningful to stay at a hotel featured in the movie Exodus. He also loved going over all of the names of visitors "listed" on the floor in the lobby.
We stayed at the King David for six nights and the hotel made provisions for us to remain late our last day as our flight did not leave until late that evening. As stated above, it was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Everything and everyone was great. Nice rooms great staff wouldn't change anything.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2009

I was in king david hotel this year on july. My daugthers and me likes very much this hotel. It was a great experience. I hope to come back next year.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I stayed at the King David for the first five nights of a sixteen night visit to Israel (13 nights on a tour). None of the other hotels we stayed at on the trip matched the quality of the King David (the closest was the Hilton Tel Aviv which I will review elsewhere).

Having traveled to Europe before for both business and pleasure, but having never otherwise traveled outside of North America and Hawaii, I was expecting a much smaller room. The room was very up-to-date, with a small flat-screen TV, ample closet space, in-room safe that was large enough to hold my laptop and a nice balcony from which I could see a bit of the Old City. The room was very clean -- though it was not as well cleaned by housekeeping on Shabbat and (as I expected) the Shabbat breakfast was much more meager and the service less attentive to detail though still quite good.

I am a bit tech-obsessed when I travel and, therefore, I tend to focus on how well a hotel serves that. I was very pleased that this hotel catered to the needs of a traveler that brings along electronic gadgets that need to be recharged: camcorder, still camera, iPhone and laptop. The desk had very accessible electrical outlets (without having to unplug things or move the furniture) including one North American-style electrical outlet and two European-style 220V outlets. I was disappointed that despite the fact that the hotel was a Boingo roaming partner, I couldn't get Boingo to work (though Boingo claims that they are aware of the problem in Israel and are working on it -- still working on it more than a month after I called to complain....). I was able to find other internet options in Jerusalem -- including free hotspots.

I can't speak to the value of the hotel, as it was part of the package price for the tour. Based on the posted rack rates, I'm sure it was more than I would have spent had I booked it on my own -- but the hotel was certainly well worth the stay!

The hotel is also well-located for an easy walk to the Jaffa Gate of the Old City.

• Stayed: October 2009