“Only place to stay in Jerusalem...”
Review of The King David

The King David
Ranked #11 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Staying at the King David Hotel was as much of an experience for me as going to Jerusalem itself. It’s historic, formal and beautiful. The free breakfast buffet is incredible. Special treats placed in the room in the afternoon are a nice touch. I did not opt for a room with view of the Old City, but the view from my room was just fine. I read on this site about space issues with some rooms, but the rooms I saw on the first floor (which I believe are new) are huge. If I had a complaint to make, it would be the internet – at 70 shekels ($20) per 24 hours, it was an painfully slow connection – the whole week I was there. However, that doesn’t change my opinion that this is the only place to stay in Jerusalem.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank jmw345
There are newer reviews for The King David

Reviewed 25 November 2010

Level of service and cleanliness more than expected
Excellent breakfast
The distance to the Old City is very short
The view towards the old city breathtaking.

Friday dinner must improve

The bottom line is strongly recommended

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2010

Best location, excellent service. Food quality is mediocre.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2010

my husband and I were very impressed with hotel and its history and would return there anytime
ask for room with view of old Jerusalem

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Stayed at the KD for two nights. From the moment we stepped out of the cab, the service was impeccable, and the friendly staff was eager to bend over backwards to accommodate our every need. Breakfast in the morning CANNOT be beat! The only complaint we had was that the gym is way too sparse to accommodate the crowd- then again, you don't travel to Jerusalem to go to the gym! Our experience was excellent, and we would HIGHLY recommend the KD for your next stay in Israel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Very elegant & always with CLASS. Breakfast had great variety & we also enjoyed the bar & other restaurants. Staff could not have been more friendly &/or accommodating.
A tip for traveling in Israel: always carry your passport with you.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2010

My husband and I came to Jerusalem to walk in the first Susan G. Komen race for the Cure in Israel. My sister, My daughter and I are all survivors of breast cancer. This was a very emotional journey for us because we would walk in the land that is very sacred to us and our family for a cause near and dear to our hearts. It was suggested we have a sign indicating our home town to show we were here to support the Israelis in their fight against breast cancer. We spoke to Maya, at the hotel, hoping she could help us. Graciously she invited us for a drink and listened to our story. She was so moved that she immediately picked up her phone and our request for a Philadelphia sign was honored. The next morning a beautiful sign was delivered to us hours before the race.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple