The KIng David mostly lives up to its hype. Its beautiful, the setting and staff are appropriately formal and the location can't be beat. The history is fascinating so take the time to watch the documentary on the in house TV channel and check out the photos on the walls of the main areas to see the famous folks who have stayed there. The pool is beautiful and the breakfast buffet is out of this world! I would have appreciated a small non-kosher cafe, but hey, I was in Jersusalem so when in Rome right? The room itself could have been cleaner and dishes collected until we mentioned it to the front desk staff. The shower leaked and never was fixed. Internet rates were kind of high. At this price point, I would have expected at least some comp time on the internet to check email. No spa was disappointing. My Father and I did a lot of walking the 3 days we were there and a massage would have been nice. If I ever return to Jersusalem I might check out a more modern hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King David Jerusalem Hotel is the Israel's most famous hotel stands majestic, overlooking the Old City of Jerusalem. This landmark hotel is steeped in history and is the preferred choice of world leaders and celebrities alike. This regal and outstanding member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is superbly located within walking distance from both the major historic sites of the Old City, and modern Jerusalem's lively center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The King David reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King David Hotel Jerusalem
- King David Jerusalem
- King David Hotel Jerusalem