“Great location and facilities” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dan Panorama Jerusalem

Dan Panorama Jerusalem
Ranked #19 of 97 Hotels in Jerusalem
Dallas, Texas
“Great location and facilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

All good and the breakfast was truly amazing! The staff were very helpful. Location was perfect.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flg1945

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Marlton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

The hotel was in a good location. The rooms although small were sufficient. The breakfast was good. The problems begin when you check in, the staff at this hotel does not seem to care about their customers. When trying to find someone to help with your luggage or asking questions, good luck finding someone. We stood at the front desk for 10 minutes ringing a bell before anyone came out of their office. Asking about local recommendations for dinner was not only useless the staff seemed did not seem to want to offer any support. I would not recommend staying here because of the entire staff at this hotel!

The internet connectio was terrible!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Green1234567890
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Dear valued guest,
I would like to thank you for the kind words and for the time to write a review about your experience.
All our remarks are taken very seriously and are of great value to us in our constant effort to improve and upgrade our services.
Best regards,
The Hotel Management.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

This was the first hotel my family stayed at in Israel. In full disclosure, this was our FIRST trip overseas from the USA. We have been to Canada but never so far from home.

The Dan staff is superb and willing to go the extra mile to help. As an example, our package included a free breakfast. The breakfast started at 6:30, but we had to meet a tour bus at 5:50 AM. We were given a boxed breakfast (they must have done this before) to take with us. We asked the staff to fill our camel pack every day, which they gladly did. In fact, the gentleman who did it for us was genuinely sad to see us go. They were very willing to help book tours and helped secure a taxi for our son, who had to be at a wedding to photograph the bride, his best friend.

The breakfasts were sumptuous and we had Shabbat dinner at the hotel, also very good. My first experience eating goose.

The room was a bit small for three adults, but we managed; after all, really all you do there is sleep. The pool was beautiful as was the sundeck. Great location within walking distance to the Old City and Ben Yehuda Street.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank zen3344
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Flew to Israel and Jerusalem for a family get together and booked the Dan Panorama Hotel in Jerusalem. The Hotel has a good location. The staff could be a bit friendlier. I had a feeling they were understaffed. No one available to help with the suitcases upon arrival. Breakfast was good. The Hotel could use s (small) bit of a facelift and updating of the rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed with the family in the beginning of June. The service was wonderful, very helpful staff. The room service was excellent. The rooms are very very clean.

We love the pool on the eighth floor and the use of the executive lounge.

The front desk staff were very polite and very very helpful and very efficient and all our needs were fullfilled.
I would like to thank all staff for a wonderful visit and making our stay so comfortable. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mizmerle
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

The service at this hotel is by far the worst I've ever had - and that includes $5 youth hostels in Africa. Really, this place is terrible. Just avoid it. The staff lie about anything they can in order to avoid helping you. The rooms are dirty and smelly. They charge tons for internet.

When I checked in to my room I found a bunch of sticky goo in blotches on the bathroom counter, which I dutifully cleaned up myself. The room was kind of dingy but seemed basically ok.

I woke up one night with three bites and no sign of mosquitos anywhere. I couldn't find any bugs so I don't know what it was, but I went downstairs and told them I had to change rooms right then. The woman at the desk told me they had no rooms free at all and I couldn't change rooms. I asked again and again, and she stuck to her story for a few mintues. Finally I just said, "I don't believe you. I'm changing rooms" and stood there for a while. Somehow, in those 30 seconds, 2 rooms in the same price category as mine opened up (G-d forbid I should get an upgrade!) and she offered both as options. The room I was switched to smelled like the bathroom of a cheap Chinese hotel. Nice.

That wasn't the only time the front desk staff lied to me. I was supposed to meet a friend at a restaurant and asked the front desk to help me figure out where it was. The woman at the desk glanced at the name and said she didn't know where it was and handed the paper back. I asked if there was any other way she could find it. She said no. I asked if she could google it on her computer and she told me there was no internet on it (I didn't have internet bc the hotel charges a lot for it and I was being cheap). I asked if the hotel had a concierge. She said no. So I asked another hotel employee and guess what? He suggested I ask at the front desk for them to look it up on their internet-equipped computers. I just smiled. I don't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel that not only wouldn't help me find a restaurant but lied in order to get out of helping - I don't think I ever have, but certainly never in a hotel in this price range.

I sent clothes to be dry cleaned and they came back with big white spots on them. At least they dry cleaned them again when I asked.

So the staff lie about basically everything and try to be as unhelpful as possible, and the rooms smell. The only good things I can say about the hotel are that the breakfasts are good and when I told them I was checking out days early they didn't try to charge me for the nights I escaped staying in their fine establishment.

The hotel needs to hire a concierge and get the front desk staff to actually try to help the guests. Since this seems to require significant staff turnover, I wouldn't count on it happening anytime soon. Just do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Dear valued guest,
Your response is highly appreciated.
The hotel takes all reviews very seriously and all your remarks are of great value to us to continue improve our services, we apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay. We would like to assure you that all proper measures are been taken.
The Guest Relations Department
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

Stayed at the Dan in Tel Aviv 2 nights, staff was ok room was great. Stayed at the Dan in Jerusalem, Staff at desk lied to me. I asked for an upgrade to room and was told he would make a note and let me know. Following day asked different person what the status was and was told nothing is available and they would make a note. When I informed them that the first staff member had already made a note, I was informed that, no, there was no note!
The room was ok, but things need upgrading!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Dear valued guest,
Your response is highly appreciated.
The hotel takes all reviews very seriously and all your remarks are of great value to us to continue improve our services, we apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstandings you might have experienced during your stay.
We would like to assure you that all proper measures are been taken.
We will be very happy to have you as our guests in the future to your full satisfaction.
The Guest Relations Department