We visited the Dan Panorama for one week from 25 November. This was our second visit to this hotel but I was a little disappointed this time. Firstly the positives - the hotel is ideally placed for all sights and attractions. Free car parking under the hotel was very useful. Staff were generally friendly and helpful with one or two surly exceptions on Reception. Staff in the bar area were particularly friendly and helpful.
However - the hotel is in the course of being refurbished which created significant early morning noise. One of the attractions for us from our visit last time was the fantastic roof top swimming pool, however, we were very disappointed to find this closed (from the end of October) despite the beautiful weather. Room - the room was very tired and in urgent need of refurbishment and we did wonder whether we were given this room given the low price we paid via an internet site. The room was cleaned daily although the standard of cleaning was poor, particularly in the bathroom. Breakfast was good with the variety of a typical Israeli breakfast - however, I was appalled that cutlery was unclean, tables that had been used were left uncleared for very considerable periods of time with uneaten food making for an unedifying sight. Mess on the floor reamined there. There were simply not enough staff in the restaurant. We did have a shabbat meal on the Friday evening which was good, although it was expensive at IS230 per head. Free wi-fi is available in the crowded lobby area although wi-fi in the room at $20 per day was expensive.
Would I go back? Possibly although there are other quality hotels in the same area at lower prices and I might try those next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel is centrally located in the new part of the city, within easy reach of modern Jerusalem's lively center, theatres, shops and businesses, whilst it is still within walking distance of Jerusalem's major historic sites and the fascinating Old City. Our Jerusalem Hotel's prime location makes it a very convenient base for a family holiday or for business guests and the hotel offers a range of conference and convention facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dan Panorama Jerusalem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Dan Panorama Hotel
- Dan Panorama Hotel Jerusalem