We booked a two night stay with our baby girl. Some parts of the hotel are going through renovation which nobody bothered to mention when we booked.
Part of these renovations turn out to include the central air-conditioning system which meant the entire hotel is either cooled or heated, according to what the hotel management decides. While nights in Jerusalem might get cold, our particular room was terribly hot both during the night and day.
We were offered a fan and a maintenance guy opened up the window which turned out to be a bad idea during the night as the street below was awfully noisy and parties with loud music took place just across it. We didn't get any sleep. Our baby girl in the worn down crib we got didn't get any sleep either. Or a shower, since we didn't get a cork with her bath.
Another thing that didn't help our sleep was that the mini-bar fridge was installed in a tiny closet near our bed, making tremendous amounts of noise without even keeping the stuff inside cold.
For our a second night we were offered by Natalie the customer relations manager another room with the same A/C turned on heating only and facing another part of the street which we didn't want to try.
What turned out to be extremely helpful to our decision to leave was the maintenance guy who opened up the window the day before. When we passed by him on our way to breakfast he asked us gloating how did we sleep with open window.
Shame that for 330 USD a night in low-season nobody cares to tell you all that when you book, or offer any compensation when you checkout early sleepless and bitter...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel is centrally located in the new part of the city, within easy reach of modern Jerusalem's lively center, theatres, shops and businesses, whilst it is still within walking distance of Jerusalem's major historic sites and the fascinating Old City. Our Jerusalem Hotel's prime location makes it a very convenient base for a family holiday or for business guests and the hotel offers a range of conference and convention facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Dan Panorama Jerusalem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dan Panorama Jerusalem Hotel Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Dan Panorama Hotel
- Dan Panorama Hotel Jerusalem