“Good hotel”

Dan Panorama Jerusalem
Ranked #26 of 102 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here whilst on a tour. Our room was excellent all that we had requested. Unfortunately they don't have a restaurant but a dining room and we would have preferred a quiet relaxing meal rather than a noisy sort of rushed one. Food was however very good.

Room Tip: I would have preferred to have been slightly nearer to the old city as it was too far for me to walk...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Helen E,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay with us, here at Dan Panorama Jerusalem. Your kind comments regarding the good breakfast and excellent room are most appreciated and further comment about the dining room duly noted. There is a dairy restaurant in the lobby area for next visit that is on occasion slightly less busy or plenty of choice in the local area within a short walk.
Hope to welcome you back another time,
best regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was my 7th trip to Jerusalem and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! Yes, the hotel is nice, is located in a great area, and walking distance to the Old City. But I have to give a special word for Issam Habash, who undoubtedly gives every guest as great care as he has given me.

It's easy to think that people in the hotel business are simply trained to give guests a sense of welcome. But Issam actually gets to know his guests understands their needs, and remembers them from previous trips. One year, my mom was not feeling well on the trip and Issam took special care to arrange a doctor to visit her in the hotel while my other travel companion and I never missed a beat in seeing the sites. Exactly one year later I was back with another friend, mom was well but back home. Checking in, Issam genuinely inquired about her health as if a year never passed! Also, an experienced traveller knows getting in and out of Bethlehem can at times be challenging. Issam has helped us see Bethlehem (while skipping the hassle). Last, I have never had an international flight cancelled on me, until this trip. Issam was great in helping me out with the sudden change in logistics.

I have compared other hotels on my trips to Jerusalem, some are cheaper, some are more expensive, some closer to the Old City, and some further out. But I keep coming back to the DPJ for the added peace of mind that there a great people there to help!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Steve,
It was such a delight to read your charming review of your recent stay with us; thank you so much for sharing your delight with other travelers.
Loyal and returning guests are the biggest compliment any hotel could receive so we'll be sure to share your warm words with Issam and the whole team as it is comments such as these that make the hard work all worthwhile.
With kind thanks for the time being,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I just paid over usd750 for a tiny twin bed room with nothing in it but the two beds, hot water towels and some shampoo, nothing in the minibar

No iron. And board

Nothing

No. Service

The door man SITS at the front door, can you believe it? Ever been to a FIVE or even Four star hotel where the door man sits

Even. The lady who checked me out, eventually as she was busy chatting on the phone was sitting at the desk, amazing. There was a new fellow stainding there who couldn't help me as he was training, he could have but, not his fault, he wasn't allowed

Breakfast ha ha what a mess, the gut at the door also sits down, such a good life

The restaurant, no, room I'd a buffet of absolute rubbish, hardly a breakfast item on the buffet, pene, lasagne oh dear absolutely tragic, packed with groups and absolutely no no no service at all, none, lucky if they clear your plates, we just stacjked ours high till someone came, but usually they didn't

I asked for some ice in my room and I went out before it came, when I came back I called again to ask and was abused as I wasn't in my room. I explained DND wasn't on and they could have left it in my room but no way I was bad guest for not being there

A faulty towerrs experiencer and no where near wirth 250 usd a night

Try other hotels

Room Tip: Try king david or waldorf
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MBJ400

Dear MBJ400,
Thank you for sharing your review of your most recent stay with us; your feedback is truly important to us.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest service and experience at all times, so it is always a regret if a guest feels that we have fallen short in any way. While a little late to rectify for you, I can assure you your comments have been talen on board for further investigation and discussions; thank you for highlighting these areas to us.
We'd certainly like the opportunity to discuss this further with yiou or welcome you back for an improved impression, as such I invite you to be in touch with me personally so that I may delve deeper into your comments and ensure of a more peaceful and pleasing stay in the future.
With best regards,
panoramajlm@danhotels.co.il

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Nice, comfortable Jerusalem hotel in a good neighborhood. Convenient to walk to the old city, Machane Yehuda market, Ben Yehuda Street, Mamilla mall. Delicious, abundant breakfast and holiday/shabbat meals. Helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Debora S,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us, here at the Dan Panorama Jerusalem.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel location, breakfasts and most importantly, that the team treated you well.
We'd love to welcome you back on your next occasion in Jerusalem and just advise to join the e-dan club for great discounts and deals throughout the chain.
With best regards for the time being,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have to write that this hotel offers exceptional service in most times. Upon arrival, I was given a room that was not acceptable on the 3rd floor, the front desk staff was not polite and had no time to deal with me, and eventually they called Natalie from Guest Relations that truly made me feel welcome. She made it clear that she is there to give attention and service, she was kind and very professional I think she is the reason I stayed in the hotel.
The room we were moved to was beyond spectacular it was a newly renovated room. Modern, comfortable, quiet by far one of the best rooms I've stayed in when touring. The breakfast was excellent.
Another great thing about this hotel is the amazing location

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorry W

Dear Lorry W,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us, here at the Dan Panorama Jerusalem; it means the world to us that we helped in making your trip to Jerusalem as memorable as it should be.

Throughout the hotel, it is our constant aim to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of all our guests, so to know I had a personal hand in ensuring that is truly the biggest compliment.
Looking forward to welcoming you back next opportunity; as such should you desire, join our e-dan club for extra benefits throughout the chain.
With regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Another enjoyable stay at the DanPan -- 3rd this year. The Dan Panorama is getting better and better. Great location. Clean comfortable rooms -- a little small but great views and good value for the price. Top of the line Israeli breakfast (just wish the breakfast room had outdoor light/access). Wonderful staff -- especially the charming gentlemen who run the executive lounge. Looking forward to returning shortly.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Globetrekkers10

Dear Globetrekkers10,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings following your recent stay with us, here at Dan Panorama Jerusalem; your warm words truly mean the world to us.
Returning guests are the biggest compliment a hotel can get, so we are truly delighted that you have decided to make us your home in Israel and join our growing Dan family.
It is too difficult to thank you for all your lovely descriptions of our service and amenities; thank you for enabling us to give credit where it is due.
We'll be waiting till next time, just make sure its soon!
With very best regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Fabulous surrounds, but the best benefit of all was the customer service and attention to detail . Tom Zamir ,an employee was right there for me and stayed with me until my phone problem was solved. My Blackberry didn't have a required SI card to make an international call, the Israeli SIM card I purchased was not working with my American Blackberry. My password wasn't working, my phone service company was impossible to reach and when reached didn't understand how to dial Israel so that the employee who voluntarily gave up his Blackberry minutes could help put me at ease. He was a gentleman and a scholar and he never dismissed the front desk duties at the same time making sure my problem was resolved and I was comfortable with the solution.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rochelle R

Dear Rochelle R,

How lovely to read your review, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We thank you for the lovely words regarding our customer service and our fabulous surrounds; we'll be sure to share with Tpm and the rest of the team.
Looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you,
With regards,