“So so, nothing spectacular and not worthy of 5 stars.”

Dan Panorama Jerusalem
Ranked #24 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at the Dan Panorama for 2 nights during my stay in Jerusalem.
This is not to be considered a 5 star hotel I'm afraid. Not worth 250 USD per night either.
Average rooms that are not cleaned properly. My room had a pair of socks under my bed from day 1 (not mine). By the time I checked out these were still under the bed. In short, the housekeeping staff is slacking and not vacuuming the floor nor under the beds or at least not doing they're work properly
Doorman/Security playing with his phone all the time.
When you sit in the lounge the waiting staff does not bother to come and ask if you would like a drink, I had to walk to the bar every single time let someone know I would like to order.
The breakfast buffet is the only good deal about this hotel.

Last but not least, reception clerk offered to book me a taxi at 340 NIS to Tel Aviv on day of check out.
I accepted and he made arrangements. I got a run down beat up Kia that smelled of cigarette smoke that the driver had issues keeping it running all the way to Tel Aviv.
Not the kind of service you expect from a 5 star hotel who makes money with these services.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear ClintOn_81,
Thank you for sharing your review of your most recent stay with us; your feedback is truly important to us.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest service and experience at all times, so it is always a regret if a guest feels that we have fallen short in any way. While a little late to rectify for you, I can assure you your comments have been taken on board for further investigation and discussions; thank you for highlighting these areas to us.
We'd certainly like the opportunity to discuss this further with you or welcome you back for an improved impression, as such I invite you to be in touch with me personally so that I may delve deeper into your comments and ensure of a more peaceful and pleasing stay in the future.
natalie.shalom@danhotels.co.il

There are newer reviews for Dan Panorama Jerusalem

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were so happy with the Dan Panorama Jerusalem. The staff was friendly, knowledable and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the seating area off of the lobby was large and comfortable. The Israeli breakfast was an impressive spread with an amazing array of food choices -- hot and cold. We will definately stay at the Dan Panorama Jerusalem again if in Israel, and we'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Elizabeth A,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us, here at the Dan Panorama Jerusalem. It is always a delight to hear from guests when they love our hotel amenities and all that we have to offer. We're so pleased that the team took good care of you and will be sure to share your kind words with everyone.
We'll be looking forward to welcome you back and just remind you to join our e-Dan club for extra benefits throughout the chain every day during stay.
Until the next time,

regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I love the Dan Panorama in Jerusalem. The staff seem like family. They treat you so nice. Never too busy to help. THis was a repeat visit for my wife and I. We plan to return again and again. Everything is excellent. The location is great. I just thank all the staff for their incredible service and care.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear BenjaminShadwick,
How lovely to read your warm compliments; we too feel that our loyal returning guests are just like family and like to greet them as such.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and the rest of the Tripadvisor community; we'll be looking forward to welcome you back on the next opportunity.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We are frequent travelers to Jerusalem, and have stayed in many of the hotels in town. We used to go to the Dan years ago (over 30!), but had noticed over time that it had not been kept up. Recently, we've been staying at a different hotel diagonally across the street. On a recent trip, our plans changed at the last minute. We hadn't made prior reservations, and all the usual hotels were either booked, or crazy expensive (like Passover rates). The only reason we could think of was that the Pope was in town. We drove up to the Dan to see if they had any openings. I was a little nervous, because we hadn't been there in a long time, but they told us that they had a newly renovated room. The new room was really beautiful, and had many of the amenities of the more upscale hotels. The price (with the E-Dan discount) was half what the other hotel diagonally across the street was quoting us. I would definitely stay there again. We love the location - walkable to most sites in the city, but still on a relatively quiet block, nice restaurants across the street. We definitely got much better value for our dollar at the Dan.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Esther J

Dear Esther J,

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback following your stay; comments from our guests are invaluable for our development.
Throughout the hotel every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest experience at all times, so we are happy that you had an overall enjoyable time.
Since the hotel location and beautiful renovated room seemed to please you, we'd hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here whilst on a tour. Our room was excellent all that we had requested. Unfortunately they don't have a restaurant but a dining room and we would have preferred a quiet relaxing meal rather than a noisy sort of rushed one. Food was however very good.

Room Tip: I would have preferred to have been slightly nearer to the old city as it was too far for me to walk...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Helen E,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay with us, here at Dan Panorama Jerusalem. Your kind comments regarding the good breakfast and excellent room are most appreciated and further comment about the dining room duly noted. There is a dairy restaurant in the lobby area for next visit that is on occasion slightly less busy or plenty of choice in the local area within a short walk.
Hope to welcome you back another time,
best regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was my 7th trip to Jerusalem and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! Yes, the hotel is nice, is located in a great area, and walking distance to the Old City. But I have to give a special word for Issam Habash, who undoubtedly gives every guest as great care as he has given me.

It's easy to think that people in the hotel business are simply trained to give guests a sense of welcome. But Issam actually gets to know his guests understands their needs, and remembers them from previous trips. One year, my mom was not feeling well on the trip and Issam took special care to arrange a doctor to visit her in the hotel while my other travel companion and I never missed a beat in seeing the sites. Exactly one year later I was back with another friend, mom was well but back home. Checking in, Issam genuinely inquired about her health as if a year never passed! Also, an experienced traveller knows getting in and out of Bethlehem can at times be challenging. Issam has helped us see Bethlehem (while skipping the hassle). Last, I have never had an international flight cancelled on me, until this trip. Issam was great in helping me out with the sudden change in logistics.

I have compared other hotels on my trips to Jerusalem, some are cheaper, some are more expensive, some closer to the Old City, and some further out. But I keep coming back to the DPJ for the added peace of mind that there a great people there to help!

Dear Steve,
It was such a delight to read your charming review of your recent stay with us; thank you so much for sharing your delight with other travelers.
Loyal and returning guests are the biggest compliment any hotel could receive so we'll be sure to share your warm words with Issam and the whole team as it is comments such as these that make the hard work all worthwhile.
With kind thanks for the time being,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I just paid over usd750 for a tiny twin bed room with nothing in it but the two beds, hot water towels and some shampoo, nothing in the minibar

No iron. And board

Nothing

No. Service

The door man SITS at the front door, can you believe it? Ever been to a FIVE or even Four star hotel where the door man sits

Even. The lady who checked me out, eventually as she was busy chatting on the phone was sitting at the desk, amazing. There was a new fellow stainding there who couldn't help me as he was training, he could have but, not his fault, he wasn't allowed

Breakfast ha ha what a mess, the gut at the door also sits down, such a good life

The restaurant, no, room I'd a buffet of absolute rubbish, hardly a breakfast item on the buffet, pene, lasagne oh dear absolutely tragic, packed with groups and absolutely no no no service at all, none, lucky if they clear your plates, we just stacjked ours high till someone came, but usually they didn't

I asked for some ice in my room and I went out before it came, when I came back I called again to ask and was abused as I wasn't in my room. I explained DND wasn't on and they could have left it in my room but no way I was bad guest for not being there

A faulty towerrs experiencer and no where near wirth 250 usd a night

Try other hotels

Room Tip: Try king david or waldorf
1  Thank MBJ400

Dear MBJ400,
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest service and experience at all times, so it is always a regret if a guest feels that we have fallen short in any way. While a little late to rectify for you, I can assure you your comments have been talen on board for further investigation and discussions; thank you for highlighting these areas to us.
We'd certainly like the opportunity to discuss this further with yiou or welcome you back for an improved impression, as such I invite you to be in touch with me personally so that I may delve deeper into your comments and ensure of a more peaceful and pleasing stay in the future.
panoramajlm@danhotels.co.il