“Nice, convenient, comfortable hotel/”

Dan Panorama Jerusalem
Ranked #21 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Hadera, Israel
“Nice, convenient, comfortable hotel/”
Reviewed 30 July 2009

The staff was welcoming and helpful. The room was not overly large but had all the conveniences including a small refrigerator. We asked for and got a quiet room looking away from the street. There was a view of the swimming pool that allowed us to decide when to go. The hotel is not far (within walking distance) from the old city and on bus routes that took us everywhere. The breakfast was more than adequate with a large Israeli buffet. Cannot think of anything that I did not like. Even the weather was cooperative hot days BUT delightfully cool evenings. The staff were there when needed and invisible when not.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
New York
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We recently stayed at the Dan Panorama Hotel in Jerusalem. The staff was outstanding, very helpful, efficient and friendly.. My husband got sick the day before we were to leave for the Dan Carmel in Haifa and the hotel manager, Issam Habbash, quickly arranged for us to stay at the Panorama for another night, and changed our reservations at the Dan Carmel. It was a pleasure to have such a competent and friendly person to turn to.
I also want to mention Noa Nahon, who was on duty when we first arrived. American Express was not working in Israel for some reason and Noa spent at least twenty minutes on the phone with them trying to have our hotel charges put on our card. And she succeeded! A lovely, lovely young woman.
Finally, Marcel Saloman, in charge of guest relations, was a wonderful help. He suggested many, many wonderful places to visit including an outstanding but not well-known museum, the Bible Lands Museum.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Belton, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2009

The Dan Panorama Jerusalem was wonderful. The accommendations were very clean and spacious. The food was excellent. I think I gained 5 pounds. I am a frequent traveler and have stayed at allot of nice Hotels. The thing that sets Dan Panorama Jerusalem apart from any of the rest of the Hotels is its people. They were extremely professional and courteous. They had allot of patience with this Texan. I especially would like to Thank Mr. Soloman for being so gracious and kind to my wife and I.

I will go back to Jerusalem. Dan Panorama Jerusalem is the only Hotel in Jerusalem I will stay at.

• Stayed July 2009
New York
Reviewed 26 July 2009

We used the Dan Panorama, Jerusalem as our base during our recent three week trip to Israel. We arrived very early Thursday morning to our hotel which we had pre-booked for 9 intermittant days. We were very underwhelmed by our small room and wondered how we would manage with our 13 year old son. As soon as the manager Gal arrived he immediately set about trying to make us more comfortable. He offered us three other options for a nominal upgrade fee and we wound up with a beautiful suite with a large balcony on a higher floor with lots of light and a better view. After that we felt like royalty. When we returned to our suite after a few day travel to Dan Panorama, Eilat( where Gal called ahead to request an upgrade for us) we were greeted by fruit, flowers and chocolates. The front desk, bellhops and staff was very helpful despite the fact that they were always busy. Later in the trip we met Natalie, a customer relations person, who came to the dining room in the morning to see how the customers were doing and help with any problems. She was delightful. We extended our stay at the hotel 2 extra days because we felt so taken care of.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Morton Grove, IL
Reviewed 21 July 2009

But it is not the 5 star hotel you are led to believe. Lobby is nice, people are mostly friendly, breakfast is good. Small pool and deck area is still nice. Location is good. However, the superior room was small and not so superior (I would hate to see a standard room). Surely didn't look so new or renovated. The bed for our teenage daughter (in which about every piece of furniture and luggage in our room had to be rearranged just to fit it in) was two little mattress pieces (old, had holes in it and was stained). One desk clerk offered to move us to a family room for free the next day, but the next day another clerk told me it would be $85 additional a night. Nope, not happening. So it was OK, but I probably don't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Ridgefield
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I lead groups to Israel for both business and education. I have stayed at the Dan Panorama many times. Each time I have received the best service. From clean room - to a hug from staff, to excellent food. It does not matter if I come alone on my which this last time I was alone for 2 weeks or I'm with a group, the service is still more than expected. One final note, on of my clients had a problem with their personal computer and the Guest relations staff had the computer fixed and ready when my client returned. The Dan Panorama is like coming home!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 10 July 2009

We have stayed in the DPJ many times over the years, most recently in April and June 2009. They have consistently provided good rooms, particularly when we upgrade to Executive for a worthwhile premium. Managers & many staff have come to know us, although they have always been friendly & helpful. Conveniently located near the Old City as well as dynamic areas like Ben Yehuda (main shops) and Emek Rafaim (the 'German' colony). This is not a glitzy place, just a strong positive experience.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple