“Clean & quiet, but tired all the same”

Dan Panorama Jerusalem
Ranked #27 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 16 January 2010

You know that Sheraton, the one you stay in for business but wouldn't pick for pleasure? Same story with this place. Quiet, clean, great location, safe...but oh, so very tired. Bathroom lighting poor for applying makeup.

Still, I did sleep well every night we were there, and it is right across the street from a great bank of restaurants. If you're looking for luxe, keep looking, but this is fine for an average travel experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Your feedback is important to us as it helps us constantly improve our services.

We thank you for the kind words regarding cleanliness, quietness and the location of our hotel. It is indeed a big plus being so close to restaurants and so many more attractions.

We continue to update our facilities and at present the hotel lobby & dining room are undergoing renovations which are scheduled for completion in the near future.
We will be happy to have you as our returning guests and fully enjoy all the benefits of Dan Panorama Jerusalem.

The Management

Reviewed 15 January 2010

We went to the Dan Panorama because we needed someone who would help us accommodate a child with food allergies. I brought twenty-six relatives and took about ten rooms, some with kids, some without. Everything was OK, but nothing was particularly good except the location. They lost one of the reservations (we'd confirmed everything by email). We had one renovated suite, which was nice, but the others were all dark and looked like the furniture needed to be replaced. We had two rooms where the electricity didn't work, one didn't really get fixed. One door didn't lock. One window wouldn't close. We'd ordered two of the bigger family suites and one smaller; we got two smaller and one bigger. Breakfast was plentiful but not particularly good. Food service was good, but limited. When I called the front desk to ask them to make me a dinner reservation, they put me through to the city operator. The staff was all nice when we talked with them and did some nice work helping us with some transportation issues, but it wasn't enough to make up for the problems.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Your response is highly appreciated as it helps us continuously improve our services.

We would like to clarify a few points regarding your stay at the Dan Panorama Jerusalem. The family reservation was dealt with by the front desk manager and we did our best to provide you and your family with all required amenities and clarify the reservation.

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words about our staff and mention that we do our best in order to provide the best service possible.

We hope to see you and your family again at the Dan Panorama Jerusalem.

Reviewed 12 January 2010

This hotel is in a great location. We walked to the Old City, The market, Ben Yehuda Street, Mamilla mall, Yemin Moshe, German colony, and Menachim Begin Heritge Museum. The room was clean with efficient utilization of space. We had Shabbat dinner and breakfasts at the hotel. The buffets are reminiscent of cruise ships and the food was excellent. We did not take advantage of the fitness center or spa.
The staff was friendly and helpful with everything from everyday items like extra towels to letting us know how much a taxi should cost to a specific location. We have recommended this hotel to friends and would stay here again. Great value.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Right in the center of everything and the staff was terrific especially Marcel of
Guest Relations!!

Reviewed 31 December 2009

Our stay at Jerusalem was made perfect by the help of Habash Issam, Assistant Manager at this hotel. Great tips, organization and advisor for what was important to us our family trip.
I highly recommend the hotel and I highly recommend the aid of Habash.

Maureen

Reviewed 28 December 2009

We have stayed here a number of times as well as other top hotels in Jerusalem...it is quite good. A solid 4 star hotel. Close to old city, good neighborhood; rooms are well kept and modern; food is excellent; staff is helpful (not exceptionally friendly...but not an objection to us). Overall, a hotel we look forward to visiting. No complaints.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I always travel this period of the year with my husband and my 15 years old boy to different countries . this time I decided to go to israel and jordan. I usually look for a hotel in tripadvisor and friends recomendations . that`s why I was worried :everybody says that a 5 star in israel is actually 1 star less . I confirm this except with dan panorama jerusalem hotel. we stayed first 4 days and it was a very pleasant stay.my room was big, very good bathroom and outstanding breakfast. 4 days later after my stay in jordan I came back to the same hotel but unfortunately at the reception a girl in a bad mood took a long time to make the check in, the room was not ready etc.. when I saw the room :very tiny , old carpets, old bathroom,medieval tv , I asked to change to another one, which they did but unfortunately the room was similar. the next morning I left at the reception an evaluation about the hotel (where I put my complaints) and to my surprise, half hour later the manager phoned me asking to meet him at the lobby. I meet him and he apologised for everything and changed immediately my family to a huge suite, with 2 huge lcd tv and so on. I am writing this especially to thanks this extremely kind manager called Baruch Spitzer. people like that makes a difference in a trip. not for the suite per se, but for the immediate feed back I`ve had and their wish to run a top hotel. now I can say :my stay in jerusalem was very special.
mweissbluth, Brasil