“This hotel is lovely!”

Jerusalem Gold Hotel
Ranked #86 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We thouroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is very clean, the rooms & beds are exceptional. I cannot say enough about how delicious the food is. I have stayed in several hotels in Jerusalem over the years and this is, by far, our best experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank diannmti

Reviewed 17 March 2011

The Jerusalem Gold Hotel, not to be confused with the larger Jerusalem Gate Hotel right next door, is the place to rest your weary body after a long day of sightseeing. The rooms are cozy, comfortable, and clean. The food is delicious, best tuna fish salad I've ever had, and the freshest salads. The best part of the hotel, however, is Ariela and her staff, who try to make each and every visitor feel special. If there is a problem, even if not related to the hotel, Ariela will act upon it quickly and efficiently. I would recommend this hotel to anyone without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eternity45
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Quite a good basic hotel near the central bus station...Around a 30 minute walk to the Old City, breakfast was good and some nice quickie restaurants nearby. About a 20 minute walk to Ben Yehuda Street. It was ideal for my business needs.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank dubsthcentralboy
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect from the reviews we read but were pleasantly surprised how clean it was (it's old but clean). Breakfast was good and we were all satisfied each morning. It's farther away from the city than anticipated and after staying there we wished we had stayed in or closer to the old city. You'll pay the difference in the cab fares by going to and from the city for dinner and sight seeing, so I'd stay closer next time. The staff was very helpful and the best part about the stay. We traveled with my parents and they were happy to give us rooms next to each other and find a converter for my dad's computer. Since we were sightseeing all day, we didn't need a fancy place; just something clean and comfortable and this place fit the bill.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank audrey W
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I have been at this hotel before and at the time, I had booked it through booking.com. This time, I wanted somewhere to spend the night so I just walked up to the reception and asked if they had a room. Nasser, who was at the reception at the time was very nice and facilitated this for me. I was there for only 1 night but I enjoyed it, the hotel manager, Ariella is very nice. The hotel's location is very convenient for public transport as it is literally next to the central bus station. It is a bit far from the old city but still buses are frequent or you can get a taxi from the front of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank juicyfruit7
Reviewed 16 February 2011

From the day we arrived Jerusalem Gold Hotel, I have never stopped to wonder even in my subconscious 'what kind of people are these'. Remember, we came with a lot of locals who never left the shores of their homeland by road or rail. This is their first time traveling even by air and to a land so strange and inhabited by people with so much language barrier. Yet, after the initial first day indifference and skepticism, the staff of Jerusalem Gold became like brothers in a foreign land. I can't forget the experience of us all watching the Arsenal and Barcelona match together with the staff pupping in once in a while to inquire of the scores from either their fellow Arsenal or Barca fans. It was an unforgettable moment. I pray in future, that I and my family will have the opportunity of staying here even for a night.
One other striking thing about Jerusalem Gold was the location. The Central Bus Station was right in front of the hotel. This ultimately made movement easy and cheap rather than hiring taxis always.
However, I will still advice the management of Jerusalem Gold to, as an international center, give her staff basic English lessons that will enable them adapt easily to the ever changing and dynamic hospitality industry as a matter of choice. More so, as an African, I will also suggest a blend in your cuisine to include tow or more of our dishes - just in case.
More so, I would like if the size of their bed is increased enable guest relax after the days business or tour
Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 12 February 2011

We had a good deal for this hotel, 65 Euro for a double room. For this rate we had a really good stay. We were with other friends and a small child, for the child the put a small bed for free.
The breakfast was excellent and we also liked the check-out time 11am. Located beside the central buss station and close to the new centre of jerusalem, but a little bit far from the old city (if expect to be close to there).

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family