“Young couple from Czech Republic”

Jerusalem Gold Hotel
Ranked #82 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We were one week there. Excellent food, very good room, especially long bed. But something were wrong. Missing wot in the bath tub and therefore not go fill.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Jerusalem Gold Hotel

Reviewed 29 October 2011

My wife, Carol and I would like to thank Ariela for terrific hospitality and warmth in friendship. The hotel has a great location next to the Bus Station and has buses and the light rail going past as well as many taxi's if you need to do any sightseeing, of which there is plenty.
Thanks again to Ariela and her staff for making us welcome and for a pleasant stay.
Kevin & Carol Skinner.
Australia

Room Tip: Just a good location.
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Great location for bus station with tram nearby.

Needed to badger reception for WiFi password that worked but staff did everything the could to help.

Breakfast was fair, and very Israeli with tuna and humus a plenty.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

I was in room 420 and really loved it the moment I opened the door
The setting is nice ,lovely and clean. The bathroom is excellent
I had a great hot shower ,slept well, woke up to read with the fine bedside light

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel from 3rd to 6th October 2011 with the Timotius group from Indonesia. We found the location of the hotel is very strategic, close to the bus and train station to any place of Jerusalem. Shops and food court also just a walking distance from the hotel. The rooms are tidy and clean. Every night after we came back from visiting places, we felt our rooms are a perfect place to rest. The dinner was nice and a lot of varieties, I fond of ice cream and they served ice cream with different flavor every night. The staffs were friendly, except one morning before we left for a tour, I spoke to a front desk officer but seemed not qualified as a receptionist until a guy came an gave me a suitable information.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I choose this hotel from 17th to 24th September 2011. I was in room 519 and the so called "four start property" is nothing more than a lodge for cheap buses.
Room: No directory, no room service menu, no mini-bar, no hairdryer, no laundry, safe deposit box not working, TV got burnt, a huge stain at the entrance of the room. Internet non!!!!! Where is the internet????? I could not log-in once in my computer... internet not working. Yes internet!!!!!

Service: Employees in Reception will not give a damn. Employees gives different indications of how services work. Except for a nice lady the other people where quite disinterested. No eye contact, no bother for anything.

Breakfast: Looks like a coffee shop before boarding the ship to cross the mediterranean. Waiter do not give a dam!!!!!

Manager: What I can say. The manager is a fat lady, she should learn how to smile, SMILE dear madam!!!!!! We are not animals but human being!!!!!! SMILE.... for God sake!!!! Be polite....horrible woman...

Complaint: I sent a written complaint which I am still waiting for the answer. I remind Reception that I have sent a complaint.... still waiting.

This Hotel is for a cheap buses and cheap tourists!!!! FOUR STARS!!!!! a joke!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ernesto S
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Stayed here a few days ago for a couple of days, hotel was inexpensive so my expectations where not too high, hotel rooms look old and shabby so they give you a feeling that they are not clean.
We had an incident in our room and they way it was handled by the Night Receptionist was very unprofessional, I travel a lot, stayed in all sorts of hotels, NEVER have I been treated so badly or rudely, I was in awe, the rest of the staff was very accomodating and friendly, for the benefit of the hotel, this person should be given a job that has no contact with guests, he truly spoilt our stay and you could tell he does not enjoy what he does.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family