“great value for money”

Jerusalem Gold Hotel
Ranked #86 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The good location, clean room, good food and warm hospitality makes the hotel a very good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I had the pleasure and honor of staying at Jerusalem Gold Hotel for approximately 9 days! I did not want to leave. I had a tumultuous journey prior to checking into the hotel.

I had been walking around the city of Jerusalem, attempting to find a cheaper hotel until my check-in date. I was wearing a backpack, it was raining, I was soaked, and very emotional.

They allowed me to check in early, they gave me a hair dryer, "Better than Bubbe's Chicken Soup", a warm bed, freshly squeezed orange juice, and a carafe of hot tea with extra amenities.

At this hotel, everyone treats you as if they are your personal assistant or concierge. Personal service begins at the door. They will help you with everything from planning activities for the duration of your trip, to providing suggestions about how to spend your day. It's up to you. Just tell them about your interests, and they will customize any assistance you may need at any level.

Delineated you can find a quick reference about how I woudl rate the overall accomodations:

LOCATION-CONVENIENTLY LOCATED JUST OUTSIDE OF CENTRAL BUS STATION IN JERUSALEM! WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?

CLEANLINESS-EXCELLENT!

COMFORT OF MATTRESS-DIVINE!

FRIENDLINESS OF STAFF-HOME AWAY FROM HOME!

FOOD-FLAVORFUL, SATISFYING

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Once again we traveled to Israel and stayed at the Jerusalem Gold Hotel as we have done many times over the years. The rooms are always clean, the beds are exceptionally comfortable and the food is superb with a very nice variety served buffet style. This hotel is privately owned versus being owned by a huge corporation. The owner is a very "hands on" person making certain each guest is treated as her personal guest as though in her own home. From this hotel you can easily get transportation to any where in Jerusalem or to any part of Israel. The new and very modern train may be boarded just across the street from the Jerusalem Gold or catch a bus to any location in Jerusalem or Israel by walking less than a block to the Central Bus Station. To catch a ride by taxi, you have only to walk out the front door or the hotel's front desk will gladly call one specifically for you.
K. Cox
South Carolina

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cameronSouthCarolina
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I was here with a group and there were quite a few other groups at the same time. Given that fact, I didn't expect too much but it was really not very good. The elevators are a joke and we had to walk up and down from the 11th floor many times. They said there were hair dryers but you had to get one from the front desk and every time we asked they said one would be available in 20 minutes. When we went back in 20 minutes the desk clerk said there would be one in 30 minutes. The fact is that they don't have enough for every room. The worst thing was the food. We were there for 4 nights and finally got better food the last night when our tour guide complained to the manager. I have no complaints about the rooms as they were adequate

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I brought a tour group to this hotel recently from Australia - "The Olivetree Connection Tour" and I can only offer the highest praises for this hotel. The owner/manager Ariela greeted us upon arrival and showed a high personal interest for our wellbeing throughout the 11 days of our stay. The rooms were great and well serviced, the beds exceptionally comfortable and the food always fresh, well prepared and presented in a most appetizing manner. It was also consistently obvious that Ariela had a very high level of personal involvement with her guests. We found the staff from the various departments very courteous and helpful at all times. Should we bring another tour group to Israel we will definitely stay at this hotel again. I chose this hotel primarily for its location, but it far surpassed my expectations in every aspect.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We were one week there. Excellent food, very good room, especially long bed. But something were wrong. Missing wot in the bath tub and therefore not go fill.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My wife, Carol and I would like to thank Ariela for terrific hospitality and warmth in friendship. The hotel has a great location next to the Bus Station and has buses and the light rail going past as well as many taxi's if you need to do any sightseeing, of which there is plenty.
Thanks again to Ariela and her staff for making us welcome and for a pleasant stay.
Kevin & Carol Skinner.
Australia

Room Tip: Just a good location.