Jerusalem Gold Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Royal Wing Hotel(Jerusalem)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe central bus stationold citylight railbuffet breakfastpublic transportationsaladmahane yehuda marketjaffa gatetaxisland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have been planning a trip to Israel for quite sometime and made bookings in hotels in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv for my stay. After booking the the Jerusalem Gold Hotel for 2 nights, I attempted to contact them to alert the staff that I would not be arriving into Jerusalem until about 10:30 PM on the evening of my check-in. I did this to confirm they would hold my booking until I got there. Nobody wants to show up to a hotel late in the evening to find out that there room has been given to some one else because they were 'late'

I composed 3 emails and left one voicemail over the course of 3 weeks for them to confirm with me that my booking was to be held until my arrival... NO RESPONSE... EVER... not even an acknowledgement... I was forced to cancel my booking and book at a different hotel in order to confirm that I would have a place to sleep on my arrival.

What dreadful customer service... The sad thing is it seems to be a running theme with hotels in Jerusalem... they just don't care... at all...

Terrible customer service and I hadn't even arrived yet. Was forced to cancel my booking out of fear that it would just go down hill from there....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Logan S
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The first room we checked into stunk we had to switch rooms the second room they gave us was not cleaned up properly it was still very dirty finally the 3rd room we checked into was livable. That night none of us were able to sleep because the AC was not working properly the following morning after many ppl from the hotel complained the hotel fixed the AC the following 5 nights of our stay everything went well and the staff was was very nice the whole time

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank 162Samuel
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I do like the decor of the hotel, it's very nicely done! The rooms look nice and are very clean! The problem I had was with a rude staff member. We had three in a room, two beds and a pull out. The pull out was not pulled out or made (it was a chair that pulled out into a cot). There were no sheets or pillows. I called to the front desk at 7 pm when we arrived and asked for them. I had dinner, came back at 8, and called again. He said it would be a few minutes. OK, no problem. At 9 I decided to go downstairs and ask in person. Still a few minutes. At 10 I called down and now, only 2 minutes. At 11 I went downstairs and asked someone to help me that spoke Hebrew. The front desk man yelled at the person I asked to help. He told him that I was being a nuisance and just "needed to wait" and asked "WHY I couldn't wait upstairs." I told him I couldn't wait because I was sick and tired and needed sleep and had called hours ahead of time. FINALLY at 12AM I got the sheets and pillows I needed. Very rude.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Silverwing2332
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We were "upgraded" to this hotel from the Jerusalem Gate, however it seemed like a downgrade to us. Evening staff was not that helpful or friendly but the morning staff was much better. We asked for extra hangers which never came, although promised.

The hallways were not clean with lots of dirt and misc items on the carpet. Nor was our room any better, with paper from previous occupant and used soap still left on the desk and in the bathroom.
We had reserved a double room, but ended up with two twins pushed together that continually moved around.

Was very hot here (30 degrees) and when we could not get the aircon working we asked for assistance. They told us that the aircon is not working in "the winter". We had the window open, which let in cooler air but was very noisy from the traffic and street cleaners below in the middle of the night. Talked to a manager in the am but his response was "the weather will be cooler tonight."

The hotel is located beside the bus station and in front of the light rail, so this is a benefit. But I would not recommend staying there.

Room Tip: I think one needs to prepare and pay a little extra to get a good room and have an enjoyable experience. The bad rooms tend to spoil the entire experience and visit.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank DWVtravel
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel fo 3 days. It was such a joy to feel so welcomed. The stuff was so friendly and sweet. They gave me a feelling of being at home with my family. The hotel was very clean and the food was great. The location is very convenient since is is near the train and the bus station. Yet, it was very quiet. I had a fantastic experience. I will probably go back very soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo