“Good hotel”

Friendly & helpful staff
Good and taste food
Worth each $ we pay
Sure will visit again
Allocation is very good not so far from the old city near the central bus station the shuck
We enjoy our stay.
And sure that we will visit again next time we will be in Jerusalem

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Imad A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Me and my family want to thank

The staff at the Jerusalem Gold Hotel

For their  service, polite and care for

Me and my children.

The rooms were clean the food was tasty & excellent

And the location was very helpful in our short visit in the holy jerusalem

• Stayed January 2014
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Shabby rooms, lots of noise from the streets, showers that just don't seem able to produce a decent amount of water, highly unfriendly staff. Location could be better to. According to this rooms are really (and by that i mean really really) overprized. Prices for food are even worse. Don't stay here, there are a dozen better places to find in Jerusalem for better prices.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stefan G

Travellers are raving about these Jerusalem hotels

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have been planning a trip to Israel for quite sometime and made bookings in hotels in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv for my stay. After booking the the Jerusalem Gold Hotel for 2 nights, I attempted to contact them to alert the staff that I would not be arriving into Jerusalem until about 10:30 PM on the evening of my check-in. I did this to confirm they would hold my booking until I got there. Nobody wants to show up to a hotel late in the evening to find out that there room has been given to some one else because they were 'late'

I composed 3 emails and left one voicemail over the course of 3 weeks for them to confirm with me that my booking was to be held until my arrival... NO RESPONSE... EVER... not even an acknowledgement... I was forced to cancel my booking and book at a different hotel in order to confirm that I would have a place to sleep on my arrival.

What dreadful customer service... The sad thing is it seems to be a running theme with hotels in Jerusalem... they just don't care... at all...

Terrible customer service and I hadn't even arrived yet. Was forced to cancel my booking out of fear that it would just go down hill from there....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Logan S
Brooklyn
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The first room we checked into stunk we had to switch rooms the second room they gave us was not cleaned up properly it was still very dirty finally the 3rd room we checked into was livable. That night none of us were able to sleep because the AC was not working properly the following morning after many ppl from the hotel complained the hotel fixed the AC the following 5 nights of our stay everything went well and the staff was was very nice the whole time

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank 162Samuel
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I do like the decor of the hotel, it's very nicely done! The rooms look nice and are very clean! The problem I had was with a rude staff member. We had three in a room, two beds and a pull out. The pull out was not pulled out or made (it was a chair that pulled out into a cot). There were no sheets or pillows. I called to the front desk at 7 pm when we arrived and asked for them. I had dinner, came back at 8, and called again. He said it would be a few minutes. OK, no problem. At 9 I decided to go downstairs and ask in person. Still a few minutes. At 10 I called down and now, only 2 minutes. At 11 I went downstairs and asked someone to help me that spoke Hebrew. The front desk man yelled at the person I asked to help. He told him that I was being a nuisance and just "needed to wait" and asked "WHY I couldn't wait upstairs." I told him I couldn't wait because I was sick and tired and needed sleep and had called hours ahead of time. FINALLY at 12AM I got the sheets and pillows I needed. Very rude.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Silverwing2332
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We were "upgraded" to this hotel from the Jerusalem Gate, however it seemed like a downgrade to us. Evening staff was not that helpful or friendly but the morning staff was much better. We asked for extra hangers which never came, although promised.

The hallways were not clean with lots of dirt and misc items on the carpet. Nor was our room any better, with paper from previous occupant and used soap still left on the desk and in the bathroom.
We had reserved a double room, but ended up with two twins pushed together that continually moved around.

Was very hot here (30 degrees) and when we could not get the aircon working we asked for assistance. They told us that the aircon is not working in "the winter". We had the window open, which let in cooler air but was very noisy from the traffic and street cleaners below in the middle of the night. Talked to a manager in the am but his response was "the weather will be cooler tonight."

The hotel is located beside the bus station and in front of the light rail, so this is a benefit. But I would not recommend staying there.

Room Tip: I think one needs to prepare and pay a little extra to get a good room and have an enjoyable experie...