“I visited The hotel this winter 2014”

Jerusalem Gold Hotel
Ranked #83 of 102 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I enjoy very much this hotel.
The service is perfect, the rooms are clean and comfortable.
The food was very tasty and plantyfull.
The hotel in total is 100% for me.
I will order this hothel in the future.

Room Tip: Trust the local stuff and ask them for advice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stay there on the 2/3 they smoke In the hotel Rooms old 2 single bed if u like to sleep on large bed you need to pay for it noise in the corridor
I will say in one word don't stay there waste of time if u book in u own currency no god all in US dollar

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Zvika C
Reviewed 4 March 2014

hello, I stayed at this hotel three months ago. They had awful customer service and the breakfast was terrible. We had a problem with our bathroom in the middle of the night and it wasnt working and they told us we had to deal with it ourselves. No one was willing to help. Then we even talked to the owner who told us she was "so sorry" she would send us a fruit basket, which she never did. Then we paid for a parking space and when we got back to the hotel there was no parking so they told us to go find parking.... seriously what kind of customer service is that. Then at the end they took 60$ off the charge except didnt change it on the bank account and now they are lying about it. Dont stay here its a rip off

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank samc367
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I must preface this with the fact that when I stayed at the Jerusalem Gold hotel I was staffing a trip of 40 students to Israel, and was responsible not only for my issues but theirs too. I also want to add that the customer service we've come to expect from hotels isn't always the standard everywhere in the world. That said here's what happened ...

The food was mediocre, and believe me when your in Israel and the quality of food is so great everywhere else you notice.

Customer Service was very poor. On more then one occasion we had issues with the participants' rooms - doors were broken, doors would jam and not open, and there was no heat or hot water in some rooms. Since its a group trip in some rooms we had 3 participants and they lacked an extra blanket (and yes it gets cold at night in Jerusalem during the winter so this is important). The participants tried calling the front desk on various occasions, and so did I - and when we did we were told that the issues were already resolved or would be shortly. However, they were not, and at the end of the day nothing was done to remedy the situations. I understand staff is limited and they've got to deal with 20 occupied rooms by my group alone - but that comes with the territory of running a hotel. More importantly the staff was rude, and they showed virtually no interest in resolving anything.

While the rooms themselves were nice, simple and clean -- the rest of the little mishaps left an unpleasant taste in my mouth. I guess its also a different situation - if your there as a family, or a couple or a very small group maybe they'd be more inclined to help, i don't know.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank YelizavetaYR
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed here with three friends in June 2013. The hotel is located about 25-30 minutes walk to the Old City, which for some could be a problem but for us meant that we had an enjoyable walk through the streets of Jerusalem every day, which adds to the experience. If you are not keen on the walk then directly opposite the hotel is the tram interchange where you can jump on a tram for the short journey into the centre of town.

The hotel is also conveniently located directly next door to the Jerusalem bus terminal, which means it is very easy to walk next door and get on a bus to wherever you need to go. On arriving from the airport we didn't have far to take our cases and could easily set off on day trips to Masada and Tel Aviv.

The hotel itself is probably more than I would have expected for the price we paid. The breakfast was good, although very busy in a morning, particularly with groups of students/children setting off on their tours.

We had booked two twin rooms, and were placed on one of the highest floors overlooking the tram interchange and main road. Some might not enjoy the view out over the busy streets (which was quite noisy and there was a huge construction site opposite) this wasn't an issue for us.
One good plus was that our rooms were linked together with a joining door.

All in all a very good hotel, in a superb location to access transport links for the whole country. Would recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The rooms were nice and the woman who runs the hotel was nice but her front desk staff were slow and unhelpful and I saw that they were occasionally hostile and rude to some of the guests! Waiters worked really hard and the lobby was comfortable. The food was pretty good. I really liked a few dishes that seemed fresh and unique to this hotel. I think that my review of the hotel would be much different and enthusiastic if the staff at the desk were better at their jobs!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank BeebsKE
Reviewed 2 February 2014

me & my family guist at 31/1/2014-01/02/2014 in Jerusalem Gold hotel and was perfect' the room was very clean. the food was tasty & the location is perfect !!
we will back again in my next trip..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family