“Great Value, Good Staff”

A Little House in Bakah
Ranked #33 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Woodstock, NY
“Great Value, Good Staff”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This was a short trip with my 18 year old daughter, and we had a lovely time. A friend recommended A Little House in Bakah to us, for which we are grateful. I hope to come back to Jerusalem with my wife, and would love to stay here again. Staff was friendly, helpful, and even offered a switch us to a much less expensive room when they saw that we had booked a much larger suite than we needed. That saved us almost 1/2 on our room price.
It was nice to stay in a place with character, in a pleasant neighborhood. Only about 1/2 mile to the German Colony, another nice area for shopping and dining.
If you enjoy walking you can reach the Kotel in a little over 1/2 hour. Most of Jerusalem's most popular places to visit we're less than 30 - 40 minute walk, or a very short taxi ride.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WoodstockRog
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Hi Roger! We were very happy to host you and your daughter, and even happier to see that we could adjust your reservation to your needs. It is always wonderful to see guests enjoying our beautiful neighborhood, and we hope you will indeed come back with the rest of the family - we would love to meet them too!
-Adva Tal-Or Emori, Reception Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Hebrew first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I had an amazing few days at this hotel, the staff went above and beyond to make my stay a comfortable one, and the rooms exceeded my expectations. I will come back, again and again! A special thanks to Mr white srugim :) / Ms Rothstein

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Annika H
Thank you, Annika, for taking the time and reviewing us! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and of course we will await your return :-)
East Windsor, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were visiting Jerusalem for a few days with our daughter who is spending a year in Israel. We stayed in a family room. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. We brought in a Shabbat Dinner and we had hot plates for warming and thus had a very enjoyable dinner with a few of her friends. That room is under renovation and even with that it was very comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Shalom Jerri, and thank you for taking the time to review us :-) It was a pleasure to have you and your family in our hotel, and we hope to see again when you come to visit your daughter.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My stay at A Little House in Bakah was the best decision I made concerning my first time in Israel. I really had the time of my life this January 2014. The hotel is in a great location, minutes away from awesome restaurants, shopping and great sights. The staff is extremely helpful, very knowledgeable and ALWAYS going beyond to assist in every which way possible. It is so refreshing to have such a friendly staff such as Avi, Abigail, Adva and the rest on board to help at all times. I not only had a wonderful time but I recommend this hotel over and over again on every level, cost, availability, comfort, warmth and assistance. Because of their pleasant treatment, I have fallen in love with Israel that I plan to go every year. Did I mention the free breakfast they provide at Polly's Restaurant is so healthy and so much it fills you up all day. The staff at the restaurant Adam and Mia give exquisite service. They also have incredible tours from the hotel some free and others you have to pay reasonably in and around Israel. There are local buses minutes away from the hotel, taxis available to get you to different destinations. My room was extremely comfortable, I tell you it felt like a home away from home. Thank you very much A Little House in Bakah for a Magnificent and an Astonishing Experience. See you next year, Sincerely Monica

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Monica01139
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Monica, I am grateful for your beautiful words about your stay with us. It was a true pleasure to assist you on your first encounter with Israel, and all of the hotel staff were more that happy to take part in this unique experience. I hope you will indeed be able ot return for another visit shortly, because there is still so much more to see!
Caesarea, Israel
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at this lovely little hotel for a couple of nights with my wife .
The room was nice , no pampering but had all the things one needs for a pleasant stay.
What i really liked was the family feeling this place has, as soon as you enter you see a sign "welcome home" and that is indeed the feeling you get from the people there.
The reception was always available to our questions and gave excellent advice with a smile.
Somehow they find out it was my birthday and the staff put some balloons, chocolate and wine in my room, that was a nice surprise.
If you are looking for a home away from home this is the place.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and take the regular rooms (not the economy) , it's worth the difference.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Shalom David, and congratulations! We were delighted to take part in your birthday celebrations, and it is wonderful to see that we managed to make the day extra-special :-) We hope to see you again soon.
Ness Ziona, Israel
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Location, room, hospitability are all excellent. This is not an "hotel", is not a large facility - yet it's a cozy quiet little juel in the heart of the very nice old quarter of Bakaa (Geulim). Within 5 to 10 minutes walk to coffee shops and restaurants. An Italian dairy restaurant in the house, where a very nice breakfast is served.

Room Tip: Basic for youngsters, others for adults
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Hello Meir, we are grateful for your kind and detailed review. It is always wonderful to hear that we managed to make your stay a pleasant experience :-) We hope you will visit us again soon!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The room was clean, tidy, with extra blankets and the required and expected amenities. The bathroom was on the small side.

The WiFi was very good and free, which was a pleasant surprise, with tea and coffee available upstairs.

Overall the hotel and the rooms were what you'd expect for the price but the staff and their flexibility was what made the place stand out - as it was quiet they allowed me to change one of the dates I was staying (last minute), responded to my emails promptly and also allowed me to check out an hour late to accommodate my flight time. When I arrived they were giving plenty of information on buses etc to the person checking in before me providing a very nice map!

They provide a fantastic breakfast in the restaurant next door, the staff were great and the atmosphere lovely.

Location was perfect for me as my friends live in the Bakah /Katamon area and the hotel is situated between two main streets (Emek Refaim - perfect for food!) and Derek Bet Lechem - both of which have regular buses into useful areas of Jerusalem.

For someone looking for good value and basic accommodation with very helpful staff - this is the place to go. I'd stay here everytime.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Shalom Brighde,
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and accommodations! We do our best to be flexible for our guests when needs be, and it is good to know we helped you out :-)
We understand that you were less pleased with your room, since it was an economy room - by definition, it is smaller and situated in a less attractive part of the hotel. We recommend trying our regular single rooms the next time you stop by; we are sure you will enjoy them much more.