“Ilan recomendation”

A Little House in Bakah
Ranked #29 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed in the last weekend at this amazing hotel located in the old beautiful Jerusalem neighborhood. A Small and unique hotel combining modern and authentic, the attitude for guest is like a worm family. Coffee and tea is offered to guests always for free.
In short, it's amazing hotel and well recommended one!!!
Ilan from Netivot, Israel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ilan M
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Ilan,
Thank you so much for the nice review :)
We enjoyed meeting you and your famiy and we hope to see you
again next time you come to Jerusalem.
Take care,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Very well placed for a most pleasant 30-45 mins walk to the Old City via "The First Station", Blumfield Park, King David Hotel and Mamilla. The room I had was small but adequate, not too noisy. A little garden area was also available. Staff were friendly and breakfast was fine. Definitely recommended, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Smile at the receptionist....
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David M
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Shalom David, and thank you for your lovely review! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; you are more than welcome to return on your next visit to Israel, and until then - best wishes from all of us here at the hotel :-)

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Not so much to say . weird location and rooms. I think is a good location for industrial zone near by but for leisure not so much - you can hear like through walls , TV weird and room. Bathroom was bigger than its room.
But not everything was wrong - the restaurant nearby was very good although they did not have any fish :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Shalom Madalin, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Firstly, we're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us as much as you would've liked; we try and make our guests as comfortable as possible, and we would have gladly assisted you with any inconvenience. For example, we would have been happy to recommend some lovely and unique areas near the hotel such as the Haas Promenade, The First Station Compound, Emek Refa'im Rd., and many other locations that can be reached by foot. Regarding our rooms, it is true that our building has a unique structure. Being a building under preservation by the Jerusalem Municipality, it must maintain its original features, which means room sizes and infrastructure are unconventional compared to modern buildings. Lastly, we would appreciate if you took the time to comment in detail on specific issues you had during your stay, so that we may offer you a better experience in the future: hotelbaka@gmail.com

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed 3 nights at Little House in Bakah in June 2014. I am normally a boutique hotel afficionado, but this property was pretty much chosen solely on the basis of location and price, and in those categories it's a winner! The place has little charm, and virtually no decor, but it's clean, the air conditioning worked well, the bed was comfortable and my room (but not all) had a working flat screen tv. When other hotels I would normally stay at (King David, Inbal, Mount Zion) were $650-750 a night, paying $165 with good A/C, bed and tv seemed to make sense. My other choice would have been the Harmony or Arthur, but those locations didn't work as well for what I was doing. For the price it seemed right. My only complaints - the shower curtain blew in and literally stuck to my body when showering; the breakfast is bad (as other reviewers have said); there is nowhere with a table to work at (i.e. no table in room; no table in lobby, only chairs). But I wasn't spending much time in the room except to sleep. If you want a place with a lobby, restaurant, bar or fitness center this is not for you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank iblaurajc

Hello dear guest! Thank you for your review, and also for the compliments concerning our hotel :-) We hope you will come back to our Little House in the future, and until then - Best wishes from Israel!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I loved staying at A Little House in Bakah! The location is perfect, close to the Haas Promenade, First Station, the Mall, bus stops, restaurants, charming streets, and I even walked to Jaffa Gate (I'm 72).

The people who work there are what really made the stay special. They were all friendly and couldn't do enough to help me with directions, bus schedules, tours…really, anything I needed.

The room was small, but comfortable and clean. I would liven it up with a little color and maybe a comfortable chair, but that is my only negative. The back garden was a nice touch.

The Polly Restaurant is charming with tables inside and on the patio. The breakfast menu has enough variety for me not to get bored during my two week stay. They also would make eggs anyway I liked.

I hope to stay there again and would recommend it to others

Room Tip: I did not see any other rooms. I was in Dates 2.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tobiruth
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hi Toby !
Thank you for the compliments! we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us :)
We are always thankfull when our guests take the time to write
and also give us pointers for improving.
See you next time!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I landed a corner suite with massive windows and a private balcony. The staff were amazingly attentive, courteous, and helpful, and complimentary breakfast was large and filling. And you're in one of the best neighborhoods Jerusalem has to offer.

Room Tip: Get Room "ORANGE 1"
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Zachary G

Hi Zachary,
Thank you for taking the time and writing such a nice review .
Contact us next time as we will be more than happy th host you again :)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at the Little House in Bakah for a week and it was wonderful. This cozy hotel is in a beautiful little neighborhood with small shops and cafes nearby. It is a quick walk to catch a bus -- but if you don't mind walking, it doesn't take long to walk to the Old City or Central Jerusalem. My kids enjoyed the shopping mall which was only a 10 to 15 min walk away.
Each morning we sat outside and enjoyed the free breakfast -- with fresh veggies and fruit (delicious!). Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest ,
We are happy you enjoyed and mostly that you felt "at home" with us :)
We look forward to seeing you next time you come to Jerusalem.