“Friendly atmosphere”

Addar Hotel
Ranked #87 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
“Friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff was really friendly. The rooms are enormous, with a big coach, desk and even a small kitchen. The location is very good, close enough to the old city to can go by walking in a few minutes.
It's a nice place to stay in Jerusalem and come back

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Ramón P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The website showed a beautifully furnished and clean hotel that offered many amenities, which included a restaurant serving lunch and dinner. The hotel did not match the pictures or website. It was dirty / in disrepair (the carpets were not clean, the wallpaper was falling off, the garden was unkept with bird poop caked on the garden furniture, areas of the lobby were crawling with ants, room smelled like cigarettes, there wasn't a jacuzzi in the room ... these are just examples).

The breakfast was basic - bread, corn flakes, hummus, hot dogs (odd, but yes), coffee

The service was inconsistent. We arrived an hour before check-in to a very grumpy desk clerk. We happily waited an hour for check-in, but still the room wasn't ready until an hour after the published check in time. We waited 2 hours and were not offered a water or coffee or anything.
The hotel staff booked us an airport shuttle, which never arrived (we waited 45 minutes after the scheduled time. Although the staff were very helpful arranging us a private taxi (which was triple the price), it is unclear if this was a scam / their intention from the start as it appeared they were good friends with the taxi driver. At other times, the staff were very friendly and helpful. They helped us book taxis and exchanged money at a very good rate.

Other items... good wifi, water was hot, air-conditioning worked, a few English language television stations, VERY limited food options near the hotel (and no restaurant in the hotel)

Overall, a pretty poor experience. We booked it through points, but even at this price, it was not a good deal. We would not recommend it or stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sofia020

Travellers are raving about these Jerusalem hotels

Accra
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My mother and I stayed at this hotel and had a great experience. We enjoyed it and had a very nice welcoming by the staff. Breakfast was fresh. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is a big dated but it's a great value and it's located just outside of the wall.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

i like jerusalem it was a wander fort experience that i and mother enjoy very much.

is very close to the old city, a woking distance to restaurant and fruit market at the Damascus gates.

the location is very good and room have stove,tv,and ac with lot of hot water i have a very nice
experience at hotel.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter and with a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

DURATION: 2 nights
REASON FOR STAY: tourism, travelling with friends
OCCUPANTS: 3
STAFF: for the most part, they were ok. However, we had issues when we first got to the hotel. We arrived at around 3pm and asked to be checked in. The rooms weren't ready, and we were told that it would be another half hour. So 2 of us decided to leave for a while, take a walk and come back. 2 hours later, our rooms still weren't ready. Not only this, but the situation ended in a dispute as we begin looking into alternative accommodations. At this point, the attendant at the desk, who I assumed to be the manager, rudely and very angrily cursed at us and offered no alternatives, no solution, nothing, just curses. That should've been enough for us to walk out of there. Unfortunately, we had a deposit on the rooms and didn't want to lose it.
LOCATION: so-so... 15min walk from the old city. BUT the hotel is also very close to several mosques, not being Muslim ourselves, we found ourselves waking up to their calls for prayer at odd hours at night and early morning. I suppose that's ok, but highlights the fact that the walls of the hotel are paper thin. Which leads me to the next point.
FACILITIES: horrible. It's like the hotel was built in the 70s and never maintained. Carpets were dirty and stained. Light fixtures rusted and broken, the pull out cot was broken... So many little things that were wrong. You could say that the hotel has old world charm... But not at their price point. This place is more like a hostel with hotel like features than a real hotel. Also, they didn't have wifi despite advertising free wifi. Yes, first-world problems... But in this day an age, when even the lowliest Cafe in Israel offers free wifi, it's pretty pathetic, inconvenient and a case of false advertising.
OTHERS: breakfast was pretty sorry looking. I didn't even bother... White toast, hummus, Vienna sausages and cheese. Lastly, to make our stay even worse, we requested a shuttle to the airport at 3am. Understandably it's early in the morning, but the hotel confirmed with us that the shuttle would pick us up at 2:45am on 3 separate occasions. I don't know who's fault it was, but we got a call at 1:45am, telling us that the shuttle was at the door, ready to pick us up.
OVERALL: I honestly don't understand how and why these guys are in business. Their only selling point is that they could accommodate 3 guests in the room... But these days, most hotels can... Rude staff (...1 rude staff) aside, at their price point, there is NO Reason why anybody should be staying at Addar Hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank LKayLau
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had been staying just for 1 day but it was wonderful! 2 really big rooms, quite good location (it's about 15 minutes by foot to the Old city). We had the superior suite for the reasonable price (it was the action on booking.com) There weren't jacuzzi but it wasn't important for us. I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 25 May 2014

i spent one night at the Adaar Hotel. I am a female and stayed there by myself. I had booked a late check in and arrived at about 23:30. I was asked by the locals at the check-in if I was by myself and made to feel very uncomfortable. Soon after entering my room, there was a knock on the door (around 23:45) - I called reception as I was petrified, they claimed it was someone with "something" they wanted to show me as she may have left it downstairs. They couldnt tell her what it was. I felt threatened and the hotels behavior was totally inappropriate. I was very nervous and barely slept. The next morning at breakfast - again I was asked if I was alone. My employer went to the hotel the next day to complain. The person at the reception assured him that the person who knocked on the door was from a "good family" and there was no malicious intent. When confronting him with the question - why at 23:45 and not the next morning - he simply apologized for what happened.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo