Addar Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Legacy Hotel(Jerusalem)
Ritz Hotel(Jerusalem)
View Hotel
All reviewsdamascus gateold citypita breadfour stardecent breakfastlarge bathroomhotel is locatedsuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My reservation was for one superior suite with balcony. We arrived at 11am. and were told to wait. At 1:30 pm the receptionist decided to accommodate us on the 6th floor in a room with two beds and a toilet. I asked where is the balcony and why am I getting a room, not a studio. The answer was - the hotel is full and there is no free studio. But I paid full price months in advance and want to get for what I paid-Suite with balcony and kitchenette. Why do you ask me for kitchenette said the receptionist. To eat I said. I felt that I could not overpower the stubbornness of this man and for the first time in my life I resorted to an extreme measure and I said that I would call Venere.com to find out why they sold me the suite and I paid a month ago and has not been saved for me. Then the receptionist said that we have to wait until 3 pm. In the booking was written check in - 2pm. Then he accomodated us in suit without kitchenette. For a rematch they brought very dirty microwave and later they brought another cleaner and they did not left us in peace until the evening. We had no utensils, plates, cups nothing. The most terrible was that the time of registration, he asked for my passport and my credit card. I said that everything is paid , but he insisted and when I handed him my credit card he puted it on the copy machine and copy it.I blocked the card and now have to issue me a new one. This cost me money, it takes time and it is inconvenience for me.
Location is very good, close to the Holy Sepulcher. The breakfast is poor.

Room Tip: Insist to get what you paid for
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ceci K
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A few friends extended our trip in Israel and wanted a safe, comfortable place to stay in Jerusalem. The Addar's roughly ten minutes walking from Old City and downtown. While it's location feels a tad sketchy, it's a safe area. For the price (we paid $120/night for 3 people) it was absolutely a steal. Ahmed, the receptionist, went above and beyond for us. We only had two beds and planned on our third sleeping on the couch; but Ahmed brought us a 3rd bed for free. They also serve breakfast and offer paid shuttles to the airport. I'd stay their again for the value. Thanks!

Room Tip: It's a great value buy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Abraham the manager is very nice and helpful. All staff was very kind. The rooms and all public areas not very clean, the internet almost inexistent.The breakfast poor, the tables with ants, let's say it is not very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nadine P
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We would like to record our thanks for the service and care provided by the hotel management. A particular Thankyou to Mahmaud Asad for his pleasant approach to our requests and his special capabilities as Dining Room Manager and Abraham Shemmessian for his immediate response to our enquiries with positive outcomes. We would recommend this centrally positioned Hotel to tourists travelling to Jerusalem.

Room Tip: We were on floor 4 there was little outside noise because of double glazing of doors. A lovely overlook of garden.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Addar Hotel is a good deal when on sale, we paid $90/night for a 2 bed suite. The room was spacious, but the beds were not particularly comfortable, and the room was old and not particularly clean. What limited interaction we had with the staff was OK, but they were not responsive to our request for more towels. That said, the location is excellent, as it is a block away from the Tram which will take you around the city cheaply, quickly, and reliably. The neighborhood is fine for that part of Jerusalem, as there are many other hotels and the American Consulate within a block. Bottom line: not a bad hotel on a budget, but don't expect much from the room itself.

Room Tip: The 2 bed suite was spacious but not great in terms of quality.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends