“We loved it!”
Review of Addar Hotel

Addar Hotel
Ranked #93 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were very surprised about how great this hotel is. We always just book the first to see if the hotel lives up to our standards but we ended up 6 nights and had a great time at Addar! We found that the location was decent - its on the line between east and west and 10 minutes walk from the old city. It took us 20 minutes to walk to the new city but since we spent most time in the old city, that was ok.

The room was so nice. Extremely quiet and completely dark so we slept really well. Wifi worked well...And the staff was very kind and we enjoyed long and interesting talks with Kamal especially. Very helpful but also eager to inspire our trip. Abraham is also a great man.

We were also happy about the breakfast. Of course it isnt 5 star but there is toast, humus, jam, butter, different meats, yoghurt, flakes, juices and the like.

If you intend to spent much time in the new city, dont choose this hotel. If you come to Jerusalem and want more quality than a hostel, this is a very good choice.

Lastly a little tip to pass on: ask for an upgrade. If the hotel isnt full, the friendly people at Addar will give you one :)

Best wishes,
Gitte and Michael

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade - they'll give it if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed there for three consecutive nights and left our luggage with them when we went to Jordan and returned to stay for a fourth night. The room had a bedroom and a sitting area and thus it had the feel of an apartment rather than hotel. We got a good deal and enjoyed our stay. The buffet breakfast was good with indoor or patio seating. The service was great. They were helpful and Abraham gave us a lot of sage advice. I would certainly stay in this hotel again and reccommend it to t ravelers on a budget but also want some privacy and comfort. It is located near the sights in Jerusalem, but the neighborhood is quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank juliissa
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a suite with a queen bed and it was very comfortable and quiet. We booked over the internet and got what I considered a reasonable rate. Our suite had a very small balcony but pleasant, I only wished it had a small chair and table on it. The kitchenette was equipped with a small refrig, a teapot, and a hotplate with 2 burners. There was a small assortment of dishes and pans.
The breakfast was very good and a good assortment of foods. The only eggs are hard boiled and we as Americans would have enjoyed some scrambled eggs. But they made up for that with an assortment of hummos, yogurts, and other middle eastern fare which is what i expected. I loved the breakfasts!
The staff was generally very helpful and kind. Our room was available upon arrival and very clean.
The information portfolio in the room was empty and we would have liked to have had some information about the hotel and surrounding area.
The exercise room was being remodeled so unavailable.
The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the Old City.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite and a jacuzzi tub. We were on the 2nd floor which we liked because the elevator is...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My reservation was for one superior suite with balcony. We arrived at 11am. and were told to wait. At 1:30 pm the receptionist decided to accommodate us on the 6th floor in a room with two beds and a toilet. I asked where is the balcony and why am I getting a room, not a studio. The answer was - the hotel is full and there is no free studio. But I paid full price months in advance and want to get for what I paid-Suite with balcony and kitchenette. Why do you ask me for kitchenette said the receptionist. To eat I said. I felt that I could not overpower the stubbornness of this man and for the first time in my life I resorted to an extreme measure and I said that I would call Venere.com to find out why they sold me the suite and I paid a month ago and has not been saved for me. Then the receptionist said that we have to wait until 3 pm. In the booking was written check in - 2pm. Then he accomodated us in suit without kitchenette. For a rematch they brought very dirty microwave and later they brought another cleaner and they did not left us in peace until the evening. We had no utensils, plates, cups nothing. The most terrible was that the time of registration, he asked for my passport and my credit card. I said that everything is paid , but he insisted and when I handed him my credit card he puted it on the copy machine and copy it.I blocked the card and now have to issue me a new one. This cost me money, it takes time and it is inconvenience for me.
Location is very good, close to the Holy Sepulcher. The breakfast is poor.

Room Tip: Insist to get what you paid for
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ceci K
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A few friends extended our trip in Israel and wanted a safe, comfortable place to stay in Jerusalem. The Addar's roughly ten minutes walking from Old City and downtown. While it's location feels a tad sketchy, it's a safe area. For the price (we paid $120/night for 3 people) it was absolutely a steal. Ahmed, the receptionist, went above and beyond for us. We only had two beds and planned on our third sleeping on the couch; but Ahmed brought us a 3rd bed for free. They also serve breakfast and offer paid shuttles to the airport. I'd stay their again for the value. Thanks!

Room Tip: It's a great value buy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Abraham the manager is very nice and helpful. All staff was very kind. The rooms and all public areas not very clean, the internet almost inexistent.The breakfast poor, the tables with ants, let's say it is not very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nadine P
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We would like to record our thanks for the service and care provided by the hotel management. A particular Thankyou to Mahmaud Asad for his pleasant approach to our requests and his special capabilities as Dining Room Manager and Abraham Shemmessian for his immediate response to our enquiries with positive outcomes. We would recommend this centrally positioned Hotel to tourists travelling to Jerusalem.

Room Tip: We were on floor 4 there was little outside noise because of double glazing of doors. A lovely overl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple