“Stay there every time”
Review of Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #49 of 102 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed here back in March and told my guide I would not stay any other place and so glad I did stayed here ever time I was in Jerusalem my last trip. every room was clean and cozy. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the fourth floor and on the first floor both were clean and nice
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Alaa S, Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We do appreciate that you chose our hotel for your stay.
We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious, clean rooms. The hotel offers 115 spacious rooms, many with balconies with a beautiful view overlooking the Old City.
Thank you again for your comments and we anticipate your next stay with us!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Our family recently stayed two nights at the Ambassador Hotel. A lovely, comfortable, modern and clean hotel. Top quality food for breakfast from the buffet and menu. Hot food served on warm plates by a cheerfull waitress! What more can you ask for your first meal of the day? and I must say that my experience was great due in large part to one of the waitresses at the hotel. She was very warm friendly, and willing to give advice on nightlife, as well as sharing her experiences. She served breakfast with a smile and nothing was too much trouble for her. There is a lovely bar/lounge overlooking the city, great for enjoying a drink or two before setting out for your evening meal! A great weekend enjoyed by all and will certainly be recommending this hotel to friends!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and hotel from your visit with us! We appreciate taking the time to post your review and share your experience.
We are pleased that our colleagues provided you with friendly and efficient service during your stay.
The staff take great pride in the service that they provide to our guests. We will pass along your comments to the staff as I know that they will appreciate hearing them.
Should you ever return to Jerusalem, please know that the Ambassador Hotel would be thrilled to have you back!

Reviewed 7 July 2012

A nice hotel with good rooms with free Wi-Fi. Food is good and plentiful. I was with a tour group and you can expect one or two tour groups during your stay. Reception could have been more helpful. Location isn't great for getting into the Old City. It is quite a long uphill walk so only suitable for those with good fitness levels. However, it is a only a 10 min walk from the tram stop. All in all, a good hotel to use as a base and I am planning to return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We have shared your feedback with our front desk team and stressed the importance of emphasizing all our guests questions.
We would love to see you back at the hotel in the near future. With reviews like yours we are better able to find out what is working and what needs worked on to make our hotel strive and move forward. Thank you again for your comment.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Ambassador is expensive, no value for money, very few room amenities and poor service, garden parties with loud music are held with no information in advance to the guests - there are nicer hotels in Jerusalem.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Randi G
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We travelled on business and stayed here with a small non- tour group. It is a busy hotel away from the main city but within easy (20 minutes) walking distance of the the old city with cash dispensers en route. There are interesting restaurants tucked away nearby if you want to eat away from the hotel. It was clean and staff were helpful and friendly and despite some misgivings in advance, it was a safe walk into the old city. The hotel is "lived in" rather than ultra modern or something special but in this region, it was entirely acceptable and we stayed several nights Breakfast is ok rather than spectacular and other meals are pretty good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I've stayed at the Ambassador multiple times in the past 2 years, for 2-3 weeks each time. I've noticed improvements each visit-especially with the food and the internet connection - 2 big factors for the business traveller. The tour groups can sometimes be overwhelming, especially at breakfast and dinner times, but they also bring a nice energy to the place that would otherwise be lacking. The rooms are quiet, clean, and pretty spacious. A room with a balcony is a mixed blessing - the views are nice but you might also get stuck listening to a party in the hotel's garden on a weekend night (though they do seem to end relatively early).

The Ambassador's staff are friendly but not overbearing - you can sit in the lobby and not feel smothered, you are rarely (if ever) disturbed in your room, etc. However, if you have a lot of needs while traveling, this might not be the place for you. Special requests (ie, small deviations from the room service menu, making change for large bills, etc) are not always met with enthusiasm, though staff do maintain a high level of friendliness even when telling you "no."

It's a nice hotel and I would definitely book a room there if I were to travel to Jerusalem for non-business purposes.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed there for a week this month with my group and I loved it. It was clean staff was helpful
the bath rooms rocked wish I could have taken it home with me. My room was clean and had a nice view. I would stay there any time i am in town.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends