“Great location and close to the Old City”
Review of Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #49 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel built in the mid sixties but still an attraction. Rooms need to be upgraded and looks it. Great location and pleasant place for an afternoon tea, beer etc. Overlooks the old city. Nice place to arrange for a meeting with friends/business partners.

Room Tip: Facing the old city (south)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank benbatouta

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This has been one of the superior hotels I've stayed at. The customer service won me over from the valet, front desk staff, and housekeeping staff. They're all excellent. They are very accommodating. They give you shampoo, lotion, soap, body wash daily. Lol. I ended up having so many I didn't know where to put them. They aim to please. Although there was a language barrier, that did not prevent them from exceeding my expectations. The bed is comfortable. There's not much electrical power outlets. I had to unplug the lamps and/ or the refrigerator to charge my phone, camera, and my sister laptop. But they have free wifi.
The decor of the hotel is gorgeous although it sort of reminded me of New York buildings ( Not much space to park, Small lobby, etc.) However, I would stay at this hotel 100 times.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Its a good hotel - probably not going to be rated 4 stars in any other city than Jerusalem but I can't think of any faults. Its not luxurious but nor is it basic - straddles that middle ground quite well. Really courteous staff. Good breakfast. Room was fairly big and basic - but comfortable! Very clean bathrooms. Needs a bit of refurbishment. Lots of tour groups staying there. The food in the restaurant is okay - not great but really big portions. Will be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The hotel has all you need, although it isn't a luxury establishment. The rooms are large and pleasant, mine had a balcony although I couldn't lock the balcony door. There's a gym but no pool. The personnel are pleasant and efficient.
The hotel is well located, although the neighbourhood doesn't have any attractions. The Old City (Herod or Damascus Gate) is 15 minutes' walk away, the new tramline 5 minutes.
The breakfast is good and the restaurant better, and less expensive, than other similar ones in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kindziara
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I can highly recommend the Ambassador Hotel, from the moment I booked in I received nothing but excellent and attentive service from all members of staff. The exceptionally helpful Jay on the desk ensured all aspects of my stay went smoothly from taxis to my unreasonable requests for business center support! Finally I can highly recommend the restaurant, local fare at its finest!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Tamer A, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at Ambassador Hotel during your recent visit; thank you so much for sharing. We will continue to strive to offer the best service possible, in order that wonderful guests like yourself keep returning again and again!!
Your compliments are an additional motivation for our dedicated team.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We highly recommend this hotel as the location is perfect, the service is excellent, rooms are comfortable, quite and clean and the food is extremely good!!
Our thanks goes to the manager Mr. Jamal and Mrs. Mirna

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Ronit,

On behalf of the entire team of Ambassador Hotel, I want to thank you for your positive comment about your stay with us!

It was a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you again. We are delighted to read that your expectations were met, and your positive feedback has been passed on our team members.

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Ambassador Hotel for 9 nights...while not posh, it was VERY comfortable and well located in East Jerusalem, close to the old city. Views from my room were ideal! The real highlights were the EXCEPTIONALLY attentive staff (everyone!) and the yummy food...which varied nicely over 9 days (most unusual)... I'll go back!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Ferris,

Thank you for sharing with the Tripadvisor community your feelings about your recent stay with us here at Ambassador Hotel!

We are delighted to read that we had a role in creating a joyful and unforgettable experience for you. I will be sure to share these comments with the rest of the staff, so they may be reminded that their dedication and passion for our valued guests translates directly into smiles and good sentiment. We look forward to welcome you in the near future once again!