“overall”

Miami, Florida
“overall”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

great hotel,great location
could not have had better service anywhere, as when my internet went down,as well as an outlet malfunctioning- amazing service
gym well equipped,but I was so busy I didn't get there during hours- a little tight at 6am-7pm
best breakfasts I have had in jerusalem

Room Tip: concierge service good, room clerks great
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review; I’m pleased you so enjoyed your stay with us. The Gym does close earlier on weekends, but is open 6am-10pm weekdays – I hope you have more time to enjoy it on your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 8 May 2012

If you are looking for a great hotel with amazing suites, wonderful facilities and great view of the old city, this is the place to go! The staff is polite and friendly, the food is great and the children's play room is the best I've seen in Israel. You are guaranteed an amazing stay! We will definitely go back to this hotel. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Many thanks for such a nice review. You’re warmly welcome back; we can’t wait to provide many more perfect visits.
NYC
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Hotel is in a good location; however, I felt ripped off paying $500 per night. There was nothing spectacular about the hotel to justify the price. There seemed to be nicer options in the area. The staff was average. My room did not seem clean as there was a stain on the carpet - totally unacceptable!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank nycaroundtheworld
I’m so sorry you did not experience the outstanding service we’re well known for. We look forward to providing much improved hospitality in the future.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2012

There are only a few hotels worth considering in Jerusalem, this is one of them. The Citadel has a great mixture of being modern, while keeping in the Jerusalem tradition, and not being stuffy. I have stayed here several times, and it still is my preferred choice. To note, I am very particular when choosing rooms, and deciding on what is best for me, for each particular trip. The in-house reservation agent, Avital, made sure I got the correct room and was very patient and courteous with me each and every time I called. The main reason I like this hotel, is that it is luxurious, without being stuffy,

Room Tip: Choose the Old city view!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank w0rldtraveller2011
You appreciated our very essence and your review is a great pleasure. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting many more superb experiences. Many thanks!
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is my first time a the citadel . I really enjoy my time but from the beginning upon arrival it have no room to check in . but it's metter . The front desk staff very helpfull especially elias he was very helpfull and Courteous.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for complimenting Elias and the Front Office staff. I too wish we could have all guest rooms ready upon arrival, but cannot guarantee this before confirmed check-in time. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2012

My wife and I spent 8 days at the David Citadel from April 23 -30. We were a part of a very large group from Miami, Florida and the hotel staff handled everything beautifully. The check-in process was flawless and our room was ready upon arrival. The hotel was clean and very well maintained and the staff was very professional and friendly; every request was handled with care.

Breakfast was provided each morning and the food selections were varied and very well presented. The wait staff was patient and very helpful. One afternoon we ate lunch at a terrace restaurant that overlooked the "Old City." The view, the food and the service were wonderful. I would highly recommend the restaurant for a nice meal, a snack or a drink.

The location of the hotel was ideal for shopping, and sightseeing and the area has a large variety of excellent restaurants and cafes; most within walking distance. The area is very safe and inviting.

The concierge and front desk staff were very good as well.

On our next trip to Jerusalem, the David Citadel would be our first choice. The hotel has a very welcoming feel.

Room Tip: We had a very nice street view, however, a view of the "Old City" would be enchanting.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
We enjoyed hosting you and the Miami group, and I’m glad it was apparent. Many thanks for your lovely review, and we’d love to welcome you back anytime.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Excellent, friendly front desk. Service in restaurant is poor. Room very clean and well appointed.
Very expensive but you are paying for a luxury hotel that is a 5 minute walk to the old city.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back. I am sorry the restaurant service was not up to our usual standard and hope you return to an improved experience soon.