“Bar Mitzvah Group at The David Citadel Hotel”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #11 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Sydney
“Bar Mitzvah Group at The David Citadel Hotel”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I recently organised a group of around 70 people to stay at The David Citadel Hotel as part of a Bar Mitzvah trip that started in the Dead Sea and ended in Jerusalem. Our group stayed at the hotel for five nights and every one of the participants commented on what a wonderful and world class hotel it is. Its brilliant location right in the heart of the Mamilla precinct and a short walk to the old and new cities rendered it perfect for our requirements as we did a lot of touring and sampled many local restaurants and venues. Many of our guests are extremely well-travelled and are used to a very high standard of hotels around the world. The David Citadel was right up there with any five star international hotel in terms of service and facilities. From our original booking via the Groups Department to our actual stay there, every touch point was highly efficient, helpful and friendly. Lindy Ganon, the hotel's Groups Department Manager, went above and beyond to ensure that every request was taken care of quickly and thoroughly. She constantly checked on our group to ensure that everyone was happy. The Concierge department are all wonderful - so helpful and genuinely friendly and caring. Food and beverage outlets are all sensational. I will be returning to this hotel in October with another group and will continue to recommend it as an outstanding Jerusalem five star hotel.

Room Tip: If you can, try for a view of the Old City - just WOW!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank IllySydney
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
It is a great joy and privilege for us to host wonderful family celebrations, and I’m delighted you so enjoyed yours; Lindy’s care and attention are exemplary of our service. Many thanks for your many compliments, they’re very rewarding.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 31 May 2012

stayed in this hotel recently for a week, service was excellent u cant find such good service in any other jerusalem hotel, rooms are beautifull and very clean, staff is very accomodating and very helpfull, their included breakfast is amazing!!!!! whatever i needed from the hotel they did their best to help and accomodate they might be a lil pricer then another jerusalem hotel but my opinion is they are worth it best place around i will deff. come back here the next time im in jerusalem

Room Tip: if u need super good wifi coverage make sure u dont take a corner room, while they are great and nic...
2 Thank Yossiruby
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Kind thanks for your praise. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more wonderful hospitality experiences.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have been to Israel many times and have stayed at some lovely hotels (i.e. Inbal), but I loved this hotel most. The reason is simple: Everything I wanted I got: Good lighting, outlets that made sense, big, modern room with great work space, big/luxurious bathroom, big flat screen TV, soft towels, top of the line soap/shampoo/creams, stunning view of Jerusalem, beautiful pool and patio and the little things like chocolate on your pillow. Other things that set this hotel apart: When I ordered something from front desk, it came instantly. There was a gentleman who serviced our floor who was always available for fresh towels, more hand cream, extra blanket, etc. He was so kind and always seemed to be right outside our door waiting to help. The breakfast was fantastic (the egg man was a delight)! And served on a beautiful, shaded terrace with a magnificent view of the Old City. I was travelling with my very picky sister who only travels 5-star and even she couldn't find a bad thing to say about it. Moreover, the location is the best that I can think of - right across the street from the Mamila outdoor mall and steps to many outdoor restaurants and shops. Two minute walk to Jaffa Gate which takes you right into the Old City. I would definitely return to this hotel!!! And, thank you, Munir (very attentive hotel manager), for taking care of all of our needs!

Room Tip: Make sure you are higher up and have a view of the Old City.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Woodlandgirl
Your review is such a pleasure. I thank you for such detail and compliments, we’re proud to have earned them. Munir does indeed provide the excellent service we strive for and I’m happy you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2012

While staying at the hotel we went to breakfast in the dining room. A man, named Ata, came over and told us he would be our server. He was wonderful. He anticipated our needs, refilled coffee cups, brought things for us to try, was kind, friendly and a delight to be with. He made breakffast truly special. THe hotel staff, as a whole, was wonderful, but Ata was special.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your warm words; we make every effort to be wonderful and are richly rewarded to know we’ve provided superb hospitality. Ata is indeed a valued member of our breakfast team, for he provides the service we believe our guests are entitled to.
Weston, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2012

It's all shiny and modern representing the new Israel with every convenience and amenity you could want. Israeli breakfasts are noteworthy in general and the David Citadel's was by far the best of the 5 hotels we went to during our trip. The rooms are ultra modern, quiet and excellent temperature control, the beds extra comfortable. The hotel staff was very well trained and the location is superior in that it is very close to the old city and a huge shopping mall as well as transportation

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators as there tends to be a bit of noise
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to providing many more superb experiences. Thanks for such detailed compliments, we do appreciate them.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 28 May 2012

WE stay for 1 night in double room. the room was very big. the breakfast was tasty and delishes, the citting at the balcony with the view of the old city is fabules.
They have at the hotel nice pool and a large game room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
I’m so pleased you enjoyed our highlights - large rooms by Jerusalem standard, lavish breakfast, heated outdoor pool and a fantastic new Kid’s Club. And of course Old City views - our crown jewel. You’re welcome to enjoy them at any time.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I was traveling on a tour with a fairly large group, probably 100 rooms in total. Because I paid for the entire tour, I do not know precisely how much the room cost, but I do know it was pricey.

I was assigned a wheel chair accessible room. (I have no need for an "accessible room.) There was a large wheel in shower, but not tub. (The other rooms had tubs with jets.) The room was on the 9th floor...but due to the design of the hotel, there was no view. The room was smallish, with little place to unpack a large suitcase, suitable for a 5 night stay of an 8 day trip.

The hotel is very close to the Old City, located at a very busy intersection. My room faced the busy road, so city traffic noise persisted throughout the night. This hotel also has interior rooms facing the pool and the Old City. These rooms also have balconies.

Given the expense of the room, I wanted a quiet room (so I could sleep) and would have appreciated a view. On the first evening of my stay, I thought I noticed a bug walking across the rug. I decided I was wrong. The next morning, I saw the bug walking along the shower. I figured the bug was my ticket for a room I would have preferred.

I spoke with a front desk clerk who was most helpful, but informed me he'd have to check with his supervisor who was off. The clerk even said that I was right to request a room change even if one was not available. I told him I'd be back after noon.

When I returned, I asked if he had any good news for me. He said yes, they went in and thoroughly cleaned the room. He was not nearly as helpful as previously. I am making the assumption he was told how to respond to complaints by his manager. Not being particularly assertive, I accepted my fate.

If you are considering this hotel merely because of proximity to the Old City, I strongly suggest getting a less expensive place a bit further away and use the savings for a cab to the Old City. I am guessing that if you are reading these reviews, the expense of your room matters. Two examples of how the David Citadel is not a good value: There is a card in the room that says is you MOVE any of the stuff in the in room refrigerator, you will be charged. There is an ADDITIONAL daily fee to use the exercise room.

Given the expense of the tour I was on, I was very disappointed with this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to have an interior room overlooking the pool and the Old City.
1 Thank Mark W
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
I’m so sorry you were disappointed and did not experience the superb hospitality we strive to provide. We’d welcome the opportunity to restore your faith and offer the very best - as we traditionally do.