“Luxirous, but some flaws.”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #11 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Luxirous, but some flaws.”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The staff was always nice and helpful, the public areas are beautiful and so is the child playroom, but we had a couple of issues.
First, we came with a 1+ yo toddler, and requested in advance a playpen for her to sleep in, and even repeated this request in an email (and the hotel reassured us); when we got the room (spacious and clean) it had a baby cot the size of a cradle, which was too small, but the employee who escorted us (Assaf) said they have nothing else, and that it is all "one size". There went our sleep for the first night, as our baby couldn't sleep in it... Only the day after, when a couple of extermely nice and professional employees came by to see if everything was OK and we complained again, had they found a larger one, in which our toddler slept better.
Second, since this hotel is extra-kosher (most of the guests were orthodox), we had trouble ordering room service, as they would not supply us both fish (apparently, "dairy") for our 5yo and Schnitzel ("meat"), unless there was a 15 minutes wait between orders. We understand the need to keep kosher, but why force it on the guests, and for whooping 540$ a night, you can have two employees - one for every kitchen, and even I don't mind bringing it myself, had they agreed to supply them togetehr.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Amira L, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
I honestly regret the two incidents which mired an otherwise good experience. This hotel is Kosher under Jerusalem Rabbinate supervision, and they dictate we cannot supply or take meat and dairy orders together with no alternatives accepted; I’m so sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The David Citadel Hotel is one of the best hotels in Israel with the best service in the country...just a note I recieved some excellent service from 3 staff members in specific...Yousef....Ata and Abed...all 3 men displayed the best service I have ever recieved in a hotel which beats all hotels that I have stayed in from Africa,Europe,Australia and Norh America.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for such high praise. Our breakfast team is indeed well known for providing outstanding service and I’m delighted you enjoyed it so much. We look forward to hosting you again soon for another superb experience.
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Amazing views of the Old City. Room was immaculate. How wonderful to be able to walk out of your hotel and be at the Jaffa Gate in 5 minutes. The breakfast was amazing. I was hard to pull myself away from the table each morning. While this hotel is not very impressive from the outside the moment you enter you are immersed in luxury. The hotel has specials with non-Refundable rates which bring the rates down considerably.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Amira L, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Many thanks for your lovely review; you certainly do note some of our best features and I’m so pleased you enjoyed them. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Despite this being at the higher end (budget-wise) of jerusalem hotels, I always feel I would happily return. The breakfast is magnificent (sit outside..) the staff is great (and I join other reviews commending Tarek and his kindness in arranging later checkout for me) the pool is a lovely place to relax, the location is unbeatable.

Room Tip: If you aren't splurging on the Old City View (I don't), I prefer the side facing the King Da...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
And we happily welcome you back to the superb hospitality we believe in. Your praise is much appreciated and we’re proud to have earned it.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2013

In addition to the amazing views of the Old City, I was particularly impressed by the terrific service. Each staff member always had a friendly greeting and a smile. Tarek at the reception desk staff was particularly helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lovetotravel123454
Amira L, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
I could not have requested a more gratifying compliment! Service is our number one priority and we’re so pleased you enjoyed it. We look forward to your next stay with us.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I frequent this hotel often. The restaurant chef is superb. Issa the restaurant manager is friendly, helpful and wxtrely accommodating. Natalie, was my server who paid close attention to my needs, from bringing the food ordered quickly, asking me several times whether I needed anything. Truly an upscale manner of presentation and care of the customer. Highly recommend the restaurant and these two individuals.

• Stayed February 2013
I’m delighted you so enjoy our hospitality and restaurant. My thanks for your loyal business and lovely compliments, we look forward to many more wonderful experiences.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Loved this hotel, they were totally accommodating and helpful. I especially want to thank Tarek at the reception desk, he made my stay so easy and enjoyable.
The location of the hotel is perfect......you are steps away from crossing into the Old City, in walking distance to the center of Jerusalem. Of course, the nearness to Mamilla Mall is great, you can always walk over for a late dinner or last minute shopping.
The health club is well equipped and the classes well run. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Amira L, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Totally accommodating and helpful is our goal and I’m delighted we achieve it. Your compliments are appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another outstanding hospitality experience.