“Always love the Executive Lounge of the David Citadel Hotel”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #11 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
“Always love the Executive Lounge of the David Citadel Hotel”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Executive Lounge on the 10th floor is a quiet oasis in a hotel which is often full, especially during high season. I insist on access to the lounge whenever I make my reservation with Katy Peer (the best reservation agent!). The hotel assigns its best staff to the lounge, but one women stands out as especially gracious, helpful and engaging. Revital Carmelli greets me when I come in like a an old friend, not just a hotel client. She asks about my wife and family and is always appropriate and never intrusive.She offers to take photographs of my wife and me and is always anxious to make our stay special.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
On behalf of the entire staff, I wish to thank you so much for these warm words.
I will definitely pass your kind comments to our team members- especially Revital at The Executive Lounge.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to host you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was visiting there with my family and it was a great experience. I personally was very pleased with the inviting and restful hotel and its services. I want to stop my little attention to the restaurant and serving. I was impressed by the food there the way I was treated and all the attention you gave us a supervzorul Ameed. this way we want to thank him for his help and attention. We will definitely return!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for posing this great review.
We are proud to have professional staff ,that provide the service we strive to provide to our guests.
I will gladly forward your comments to our staff members that you have mentioned.
Hope to have the pleasure to host you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at the Hotel for a few days over the New Year period. We had a very good experience.The food was good and well presented, the service generally excellent. Particularly friendly and helpful were Samer and Said at breakfast-also Jamah from room service..One small quibble. The walls of the room-alcove junior suite- needed a picture or two and looked a bit miserable.
Thanks for a good break.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ofra A, Hotel management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Many thanks for such high compliments, and for taking the time to write it.
I will pass your great comments to the entire staff - especially to Said and Samer at breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2014

A big thank you to The David Citadel Hotel and all its staff. As usual our most recent stay was incredible. You always go above and beyond and we greatly appreciate your hospitality.
we look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for posting this great review. We are proud to provide the high level of service to our guests, and are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is a hotel to remember. This is a well maintained hotel with classic elegance. A world class property in an excellent location. Many restaurants and shops are within walking distance. Strongly recommend a room with a view of the old city. At night it is a priceless view of one of the worlds most remarkable cities. The executive lounge is a great place to unwind after a day of sightseeing. The hotel staff went out of their way to provide service. My positive impressions of the David Citadel Hotel began with Katy Peer the reservation manager,continued by meeting Yaniv Shoham, seeing Revital the executive lounge manager in action and experiencing the helpful assistance of the hotel employees who quickly responded to any requests.

Room Tip: A view of the old city is spectacular!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
My sincere thanks for such very lovely compliments. We do try, and it’s rewarding to know we provide the luxury hospitality we strive for.
I will pass your comments to our staff with great pride.
Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My wife and I recently spent two weeks at the David Citadel Hotel. The service was excellent, and each day got off to a wonderful start with the hotel's fabulous breakfasts. The hotel's proximity to the Old City and the Mamilla mall was a big plus. We would definitely stay there again.

JoeinLA

Room Tip: The rooms down the hall from the lobby, where you don't have to use the elevator, are surprising...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kind thanks for your praise. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more wonderful hospitality experiences.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Great Choice

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for ten nights -one extra night due to the historic snowfall in Jerusalem.- and had the Alcove Deluxe Room ,which provides an
excellent view of the Jaffa Gate. The service was superb, from the front desk -headed by Manuel, to the Concierge desk headed by Tzachi and Ari; our needs ,especially coping with the effects of the "severe" snowstorm that struck Jerusalem during our stay, was handled with aplomb and grace by the entire staff. We were advised by Chemi Gur, the General Manager of the hotel, who parenthetically is extremely personable and gracious, that there is a plan to renovate the various rooms at the hotel in the very near future ,a plan that I believe is extremely worthwhile

Room Tip: Alcove Deluxe Room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for such a rewarding review.
We do try to exceed expectations and provide the very best service, so it is really good to hear we have succeeded, all the more so from loyal guests. We eagerly await your next visit.