“Superb location, nice service, good people”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #14 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We with my wife were in a group of tourists from China, I am working there for 15 years and every year our group of friends go somewhere to see the world and to share our joy.
Our experience in David Citadel was excellent - from the very beginning, when all our group of 16 people checked in 8 minutes and till the end - when I lost my mobile phone and tried to find it at a) restaurant where I had breakfast that morning b)at my room. To lose the phone on a tourist trip... You understand.., At every search point I met help of the staff. Ramji at the restaurant gave me his phone to call and searched everywhere. Then with my last hope I ran back to the room. I already checked out, the women was cleaning it, she also took part in the search with great willingness - and I found my phone in the back of the chair. What a happiness! The name of the women is Irina Tishonok, she is from Russia, like me and my wife. I would like to thank another Russian speaking guy from the restaurant, he is making omlette - wery friendly - his name is Evgeni Khvoynitskiy. It was nice to meet so many Russian speaking people.
We came to Citadel on Saturday and it was a very interesting experience for us and our Chinese friends to watch the shabbat dinner that night in the hotel restaurant.

In short - it was excellent staying ( may be my gratitude is espesially enthusiastic, because we came that day from Herod hotel at the Dead Sea and could compare two hotels - at Herod were we met very poor service, njot working safe in the room and lack of hospitality on all levels, though they have a lot of Russian staff too).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review.
We know a friendly, attentive and professional staff makes all the difference.
We are delighted you enjoyed a wonderful experience and proud to have earned such high praise.
Your lovely review and compliments for staff are much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,123)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Jerusalem is just so busy and hectic but coming back to the David Citadel was rejuvenating and relaxing. The Hotel is very modern and elegant and is within walking distance to many attractions and restaurants. The rooms were comfortable for our family with spacious bathrooms. Our waiter at breakfast was "Said" and he took great care of us especially with the iced coffees for our 2 girls. The lobby and restaurant areas are a great place to unwind. we also got a lovely gift from the jewellery store upon arrival. I would definitely stay in this hotel next time.

Room Tip: We had a suite which was very spacious
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for such a rewarding review. We do try to exceed expectations and provide the very best service, so it’s really good to hear we’ve succeeded.
I will forward your kind comments to the entire staff-especially to Said at breakfast.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the David Citadel hotel in Jerusalem and it was one of my Favorite hotels, such a great service and hospitality , my special thanks to Elias who works at the front desk, he helped us a lot during our stay and made sure to give us a nice room which faces the old city and pool, I recommend anyone who wants to visit Jerusalem to choose The David Citadel Hotel for its great service and friendly employees.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Victor A

Thank you for posing this great review.
We are proud to have professional staff ,that provide the service we strive to provide to our guests.
I will gladly forward your comments to our staff members- especially to Elias.
Hope to have the pleasure to host you again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Good location. Courteous and efficient staff. Room made up daily, but bathroom amenities not alway refilled. Excellent breakfast buffet spread. Waiter "Said" took good care of our family at breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Many thanks for such high compliments, and for taking the time to write it.
I will forward your kind comments to the entire staff - especially to Said at breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at the David Citadel for several nights this month. The hotel is very modern and attractive and the location near a main gate to the old city as well as access to many nearby restaurants is a real positive. The rooms are good sized and very comfortable. We had service in the breakfast room most days by one particular waiter who was outstanding by the name of Ata Beyah.
From a negative standpoint there are a couple of issues. First, the wifi internet access in the hotel is just awful both in the lobby and in the rooms. There is no charge for the internet but what difference does it make if most of the time it doesn't work. The second issue we encountered was with the training of much of the staff. They are generally pleasant but time and time again we felt they were inadequately trained for their jobs. They frequently gave incorrect information about services in the hotel or partially correct information. When asked a question they would invariably give an answer and then follow it with the statement "but let me check on that". We would then at a later point often be told that what they had said was in fact wrong and given a different answer. On other occasions we asked for some help with something and were told they would get back with us and often they failed to do so. Having stayed in hotels around the world, I felt that the staff in general left much to be desired.
Since this was the only hotel we stayed at in Jerusalem, I cannot compare the staffing issue here with other hotels in the city, but we did stay at hotels in Tel Aviv, Tiberius and Petra without any of the staff problems outlined above.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I will forward your comments regarding the service you got from ATA with great pride.
I regret your stay with us was anything less than perfect and look forward to welcoming you back for a better experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed in this wonderful place and we really enjoyed The location is wonderful for a tourist because it is just three short blocks to the old city. It is easy to go into the old city for even short excursions and return several times a day if you wish to rest. maintained and quite atmospheric. Rooms are spacious, ceilings are high, and views from the rooms are interesting. the food was good Especially with "bashar na " who help me to make a birthday party to my friend in the last Minute and . and share us to sing a song for her . strongly recommend the hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Kind thanks for your praise, and the time you took to post it.
We look forward to welcoming you back for many more wonderful hospitality experiences.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We just completing a 2 week trip of Israel, and was looking forward to our stay at the David Citadel as heard great things First room was average and not super impressed, however was not a real issue. Found service not extremely welcoming. Worst part was the man behind omelet station, if you didn't speak Hebrew he basically ignored you while clearly favoring Hebrew speakers. Finally, and most importantly, my wife stayed in room one evening and ordered room service. After food was delivered and signed for, so one knocks on door 15 minutes later without calling in advance, turns out was room service. They said they did not have our credit card on file and she would have to pay cash or present another card. This presented 2 issues: main concern was security of not calling and just reappearing at door unannounced and the second which was that they did take my credit card on file as I had a copy of it. I called front office when I return to hotel and say that my credit card was not given and finally backed down when I told them I was holding a copy of credit card receipt. Bottom line I spoke to guest relations and nothing was done to rectify situation. Clearly how can this be considered a high quality hotel. Will not return.

1  Thank Robert G
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations this time.
We, at the David Citadel Hotel strive to provide an outstanding service .Sorry we failed this time. I can assure you that on your next visit , we will do our utmost to maintain our high standards.Hope to have the privilage of hosting you again soon.